Author Topic: Meat Consumption is Positively Associated with Life Expectancy  (Read 240 times)

Offline Kamaji

Meat Consumption is Positively Associated with Life Expectancy
« on: February 25, 2022, 07:00:44 pm »
Study: Meat Consumption is Positively Associated with Life Expectancy

by Enrico de Lazaro
Feb 22, 2022

A team of scientists from Australia, Italy, Poland and Switzerland has examined the association between meat intake and life expectancy at a population level based on ecological data published by the United Nations agencies.

In the study, Dr. You and co-authors examined the overall health effects of total meat consumption in 175 countries around the world.

The researchers found that the consumption of energy from carbohydrate crops (grains and tubers) does not lead to greater life expectancy, and that total meat consumption correlates to greater life expectancy, independent of the competing effects of total calories intake, economic affluence, urban advantages, and obesity.

Source:  http://www.sci-news.com/medicine/meat-consumption-life-expectancy-10577.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Meat Consumption is Positively Associated with Life Expectancy
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 07:13:43 pm »
When you think about it, hunter gatherers ate a lot of meat and other animal protein, but starches were not really readily available until farming. Meat-eating is in most of our genetics, it is the diet our ancestors thrived on (no tofu eaters in my ancestry). You don't feed a gas engine diesel, you feed it what it was built to run on. Same with humans if you want a good result.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis