Author Topic: Putin is creating a potential nuclear disaster that few recognize  (Read 87 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 25, 2022
Putin is creating a potential nuclear disaster that few recognize
By Ed Sherdlu

I usually like to include an appropriate number of snarky zingers in most of my stories.  This is not a time for them.  Putin's invasion of Ukraine is on the verge of creating a radioactive fallout disaster such as the world has never seen.

During my on-air reporter days, I had good contacts in Eastern Europe.  It was during the time of the Soviet Union break-up, so a lot of good news stories came out of that area.  One particular contact was a Swede who provided aid to the families of the firefighters and others who died in the aftermath of the Chernobyl explosion.

The explosion in the early morning hours of April 26, 1986 was in reactor no. 4 at the Lenin power plant at Chernobyl.  Ten years later, I was one of only two Western reporters inside the 30km zone of exclusion around the power plant.  In fact, we were inside the control room for the then-still-operating reactor no. 3, interviewing the senior operator who had been on duty the night of the explosion ten years earlier.

Sergey (not his real name for obvious reasons) confessed to us that the greatest ongoing potential danger of the Chernobyl disaster was considered a state secret in Ukraine.  When reactor no. 4 exploded, the 100-ton top cover of the reactor, which Sergey referred to as the "lid," settled vertically alongside the remains of the reactor.  It was, and still is, teetering on its edge.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/02/putin_is_creating_a_potential_nuclear_disaster_that_few_recognize.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Putin is creating a potential nuclear disaster that few recognize
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 04:23:41 pm »
So what?  Putin doesn't give a damn.  That's why he needs to be defeated NOW.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 11:23:59 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Putin is creating a potential nuclear disaster that few recognize
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 11:23:12 pm »
Seems to me that this guy just advertised a perfect target for terrorists........other than Putin, who would be thrilled to death to cause the type of fear and damage such a disaster would cause.