Author Topic: 2 Prosecutors Leading N.Y. Trump Inquiry Resign, Clouding Case’s Future  (Read 181 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The two prosecutors leading the Manhattan district attorney’s investigation into former President Donald J. Trump and his business practices abruptly resigned on Wednesday amid a monthlong pause in their presentation of evidence to a grand jury, according to people with knowledge of the matter, throwing the future of the high-stakes inquiry into serious doubt.

The prosecutors, Carey R. Dunne and Mark F. Pomerantz, submitted their resignations after the new Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, indicated to them that he had doubts about moving forward with a case against Mr. Trump, the people said.

Mr. Pomerantz confirmed in a brief interview that he had resigned, but declined to elaborate. Mr. Dunne declined to comment.

Without Mr. Bragg’s commitment to move forward, the prosecutors late last month postponed a plan to question at least one witness before the grand jury, one of the people said. They have not questioned any witnesses in front of the grand jury for more than a month, essentially pausing their investigation into whether Mr. Trump inflated the value of his assets to obtain favorable loan terms from banks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/23/nyregion/donald-trump-fraud-investigation-new-york.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: 2 Prosecutors Leading N.Y. Trump Inquiry Resign, Clouding Case’s Future
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 08:51:47 pm »
Some prosecutors must be understanding the 4 years of treasonous fraudulant  accusations against Trump blew up in the democrats faces, and these prosecutors don't want to fall in to that same ditch of ill repute.  Some day prison might just be the felony fates of the said criminals acts/actions.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 09:05:18 pm »
Interesting.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 09:09:54 pm »
Bragg certainly is no friend, so what's up?

Sudden resignation is a pretty strong reaction, indicating there's a serious inside story here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 02:12:08 am »
Bragg certainly is no friend, so what's up?

Sudden resignation is a pretty strong reaction, indicating there's a serious inside story here.

Bragg indicated he's interested in trying to get Trump from a different angle.

FWIW, I have a hard time believing that there is anything in Trump's business records/filings that would rise to a criminal level. Trump is a tough NY real estate developer who probably dealt with some questionable people along the way, but his tax returns and legal filings are done by elite level accountants and attorneys. They wouldn't be party to any criminal behavior.

It seems the DA is so desperate to persecute Trump for something they were trying to get him on inflating the value of his properties when refinancing. It's idiotic. The lender is responsible for determining the value of the asset they are putting a lien on.

If there was anything in Trump's tax returns or corporate filings that was criminal it would have been found 5 years ago. I think these DA's know this and they are just trying to get Trump to quit fighting and retire from politics by making the process the punishment. Thankfully, we have a warrior fighting for us who doesn't quit. I wish I was half as tough as Trump.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 02:26:45 am »
Democrat operatives are desperate to tarnish Trump as much as possible, so great is their hysterics to keep Trump from being a lethal threat to them in the coming election.  They do believe that any candidate other than Trump will  be much easier to defeat than Trump.  As Trump is the one threat that has them still soiling themselves and unable to sleep at nights, their fanatical jihad on Trump matches the fanaticism and determination of hardcore jihadists.

:smokin: :chairbang: 22222frying pan :smokin:

LOOK at how they are getting nearly every anti-American thing they have ever wanted with  Trump out of the way.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 02:32:00 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions