Author Topic: UVA to study Ivermectin…  (Read 308 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
UVA to study Ivermectin…
« on: February 23, 2022, 02:10:17 am »
Citizen Free Press 2/22/2022

CHARLOTTESVILLE – UVA Medical School is asking for your help with a nationwide study to find new, effective drugs to treat COVID. The 15,000 people who enroll in the study will help researchers learn more about two repurposed drugs that could be used to treat mild-to-moderate symptoms.

Researchers will be studying the effects of Fluvoxamine, an anti-depressant, and Ivermectin, a pill usually used to treat parasitic infections.

“You can be vaccinated and boosted and participate in these trials and certainly I hope that everyone gets vaccinated and boosted,” Doctor Patrick Jackson said, the principal investigator for the clinical trial at UVA Health. “If we can find drugs that are currently FDA approved, cheap, and readily available throughout the world I think that really gets us much closer to being able to turn COVID-19 into a mild illness where people can kind of get therapy.”

More: https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/uva-to-study-ivermectin/

Online Hoodat

Re: UVA to study Ivermectin…
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 03:29:24 am »
“You can be vaccinated and boosted and participate in these trials and certainly I hope that everyone gets vaccinated and boosted,” Doctor Patrick Jackson said, the principal investigator for the clinical trial at UVA Health. “If we can find drugs that are currently FDA approved, cheap, and readily available throughout the world I think that really gets us much closer to being able to turn COVID-19 into a mild illness where people can kind of get therapy.”

You're two years too late.  Where were you back when the NIH reversed their long-standing policy on using anti-parasitics to treat coronaviruses?  Heck, you could have started a study two months ago that would have proved yet again what ivermectin experts across the world already know.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 03:59:46 am »
I would think that if you had enough information to put together that chart then you have your test results...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 08:03:46 am »
Hard to study the effects of FDA approved drugs the FDA and CDC campaigned against prescribing.

Maybe if they studied the people who had used veterinary Ivermectin?

But all of this is a case of shutting the barn door after the horses are gone.

The time for such studies (including Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin/Zinc and Vitamins as a complete early onset regimen) was indeed two years ago.

Without using the supplements needed to really have a decent antiviral effect, and known to do so (Zinc since 2005 with SARS) the study will produce tepid results at best.

I cannot politely articulate my level of disappointment in doctors and the medical establishment over this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 11:12:55 am »

I cannot politely articulate my level of disappointment in doctors and the medical establishment over this.

I would say it would be just fine to be impolite in the face of such betrayal of a critical oath.
In fact, them sonsabiches deserve a whole lot worse than that.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 08:23:58 pm »
I would say it would be just fine to be impolite in the face of such betrayal of a critical oath.
In fact, them sonsabiches deserve a whole lot worse than that.
Believe me, I have said impolite things IRL that I will not reproduce here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis