Author Topic: Biden Suspends New Oil-And-Gas Leases As Gas Prices Hit Record Highs  (Read 671 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Dispatch by Zack Budryk on Feb 21, 2022

The Biden administration will suspend or delay new federal oil-and-gas leasing following a court ruling against the process by which it calculates the social cost of climate change, the administration announced Saturday night.

On Feb. 11, Judge James Cain of the Western District of Louisiana, a Trump appointee, blocked the administration’s method of calculating the social costs associated with greenhouse gases, the primary driver of climate change.

The Biden administration had returned to Obama-era calculation methods, with plans to develop its own in the future.

In his ruling, Cain blocked federal agencies from considering findings from the White House Interagency Working Group, which had been tasked with devising new metrics based on the Obama-era calculations.

More: https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-suspends-new-oil-and-gas-leases-as-gas-prices-hit-record-highs/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden Suspends New Oil-And-Gas Leases As Gas Prices Hit Record Highs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 12:36:01 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 12:48:48 pm »
We have got to strip the presidency of any power that is not directly required to implement congressional legislation.... this is criminal..

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 12:44:39 am »
More good news for Putin
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy