Author Topic: Canadian lawmaker: Single mom's bank account frozen for giving $50 to truckers  (Read 264 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND 2/22/2022

Trudeau targeting protesters with terrorist, drug-trafficking laws

A Canadian single mother with a minimum wage job was caught up in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's crackdown on the Freedom Convoy protest of the government's vaccine mandates, losing access to the money in her bank account because she gave $50 to the truckers, according to a lawmaker.

Mark Strahl, a Conservative party member of Parliament, said the mother, named Briane, made the donation before Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act, the Epoch Times reported. The government now bans donations to the truckers under the nation's anti-money-laundering laws, which typically address terrorism and drug trafficking.

"She hasn’t participated in any other way. Her bank account has now been frozen," said Stahl. "This is who Justin Trudeau is actually targeting with his Emergencies Act orders.”

Strahl responded to media members and Twitter users demanding more details on Briane.

He wrote on Twitter that "having seen what has been said about her online today and what has been done to other convoy donors in the last weeks I am not going to help you dox her."

"I know who she is and I won’t stop fighting for her.”

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/02/canadian-lawmaker-single-moms-bank-account-frozen-giving-50-truckers/

Offline Hoodat

the mother, named Briane, made the donation before Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act

Ex post facto.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ex post facto.
Yep. But totalitarian dictator wannabes don't care about rules.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She will become a 'Rosa Parks' icon in Canada in the fight to oust Trudeaux.
She will be a 'Remember the Alamo' fight slogan.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.