Author Topic: Gov. Youngkin pushes for tax relief; Democrats call for extra climate change funding  (Read 1448 times)

Offline EdinVA

Gov. Youngkin pushes for tax relief; Democrats call for extra climate change funding

The state budget deadline is three weeks away and Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin and State Senate Democrats have very different plans on how to spend your tax dollars.

“I believe that’s your money,” Gov. Glenn Youngkin recently said in a visit to Loudoun County. "As I have repeatedly said since last summer: the state government has been overtaxing Virginians. Government revenue paid by taxpayers is soaring to record new highs, and Virginia has fallen behind much of the nation in its recovery from the pandemic, and particularly falling behind our competitor states to the south.”

Whether it’s groceries or gas --- Gov. Youngkin wants to reduce how much you pay at the pump and at the store.  He wants to get rid of the grocery tax and suspend the state’s gas tax by five cents per gallon.

And if you pay state income taxes in Virginia --- the governor’s plan would reduce how much income tax you‘ll end up paying because his plan calls for doubling the standard deduction from $9,000 to $18,000. Altogether the governor says his tax relief plan would give $1,500 to a typical Virginia family.

https://wjla.com/news/local/gov-glenn-youngkin-pushes-for-tax-relief-democrats-extra-climate-change-funding-budget-janet-howell-david-marsden-dick-saslaw
Now Youngkins real test begins....

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Nothing's stopping Dems from spending their own money on Climate Change.  Dems need to stop stealing other people's money to pay for their nonsense.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 05:59:19 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright