Author Topic: Dems Turning Against ‘The Squad’ and Their ‘Deeply Problematic’ Agenda  (Read 214 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems Turning Against ‘The Squad’ and Their ‘Deeply Problematic’ Agenda
 Jon Dougherty February 20, 2022

More rank-and-file Democrats are pushing back against the extreme left of their party, which is embodied in members of the so-called “Squad,” calling their agenda “deeply problematic” and adding to the party’s political woes ahead of the 2022 midterms.

Specifically, more moderate Democrats worry that like-minded members in swing districts are more prone to defeat by Republican challengers thanks to the far-left politics of ‘progressive’ lawmakers like Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY), Ilhan Omar (Minn.), Corey Bush (Mo.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.), Jamaal Bowman (NY), and Rashida Tlaib (Mich.), among a few others.

Fox News notes:

A leader of a PAC designed to help moderates told Fox News Digital that the policies trumpeted by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her progressive squad are too toxic for Democrats running in the competitive seats that will determine whether Democrats hold onto the majority.

more
https://conservativebrief.com/dems-agenda-60344/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
 :2popcorn:

Implosions.....   They are so much fun to watch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Too late
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Too late

Not too sure about that.

They enjoy information dominance.  Plenty of time to 'Find Jesus' just in time for November.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

Not too sure about that.

They enjoy information dominance.  Plenty of time to 'Find Jesus' just in time for November.
I don't think so.  The independents have been destroyed over the last year and it will take decades for them to forget... The problem will be getting them to vote at all...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Have any of these three ever voted against Squad proposals?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

I don't think so.  The independents have been destroyed over the last year and it will take decades for them to forget...

Watch the Democrats become "conservative" between now and Nov

They'll claim to "Back the Blue," support parents when they show up to voice their complaints at school board meetings, back the Second Amendment, and support strong borders. You see some of that strategery taking shape already. It's "don't believe what you see and hear and experience but what we tell you."

The Democrats did this with the issue of Gun control in the 2002 midterms were practically every Democrat running ran ads of them either hunting or shooting a gun and it didn't sell
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

They'll come up with a way to blame Republicans for all the messes they've made. They always do. It doesn't even have to be remotely rational. If you can believe males can get pregnant then you can believe just about anything...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
LMAO predicts (correctly):
"Watch the Democrats become "conservative" between now and Nov.
They'll claim to "Back the Blue," support parents when they show up to voice their complaints at school board meetings, back the Second Amendment, and support strong borders. You see some of that strategery taking shape already. It's "don't believe what you see and hear and experience but what we tell you.""

This is to be expected, of course.

But so long as a near-majority (it may even BE "a majority" by now) of the voting populace remains gullible and ignorant, this strategy works.

This is the result of a devolution of the American people, as reflected by education (which way has that been going for almost a century?) and the media/entertainment industries, which were always left-leaning. It also is the result of demographic changes (again, which have been pushed with the intent of achieving such results, which they HAVE achieved).

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Meh. It's the classic election-year move to the middle.

Pandering for votes, and it won't last past the last ballot counted, as soon as they find that extra trunk full or box under the table.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis