Author Topic: Legendary Investor Charlie Munger Leaves Host Nearly Speechless After Predicting An Inflation Apocal  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Legendary Investor Charlie Munger Leaves Host Nearly Speechless After Predicting An Inflation Apocalypse

Melanie Wilcox
Contributor
February 16, 2022 4:32 PM ET

In an interview Wednesday with Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer, billionaire and investor Charlie Munger said inflation kills democracies.

“Inflation is a very serious subject,” Munger said. “You can argue it’s the way democracies die.”

https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1493996148624961542

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/16/legendary-investor-leaves-host-nearly-speechless-after-predicting-inflation-apocalypse/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

If the voters want European welfare and American taxes, then our currency will continually devalue.  I expect that anyone who proposes austerity will be unpopular.  One way or another, the party is over.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

I expect that anyone who proposes austerity will be unpopular. 

No doubt

There’s some even here that are resistant to cuts. Sure, some say they want spending cuts as long as the spending cuts are not “theirs ”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If addressed early enough, austerity is not necessary.  Use zero-level funding to keep the same level of nominal government spending.  If accompanied by GDP growth, government spending as a percentage of GDP will decrease over time.

There is also the long-abandoned concept of spending offsets - for every $1 of new government spending, $2, $1.50, $1.25 of exisiting government spending must be eliminated.

Choking off government spending by starving it of revenue doesnt' work, especially in this low rate environment, because they borrow more money instead of reducing spending.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
He's right, but I always cast a wary eye every time he and his buddy Buffett start on their op-ed tours.

BRKa is a massive pyramid of a financial mega conglomerate that I heard would take 100's of years for an outsider to truly know what is going on there. Not saying they are crooked, but there is a pretty thin line between sleazy and crooked.

His radical anti-pipeline status while being the biggest holder of Railroad equity, is just one example.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

There it was in plain English.

And few will head it. Both parties are the free stuff parties - just with different priorities on deficit spending.

Trump wasn't the answer and still isn't the answer. And if voters don't change there will be no answer. Only collapse.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
There it was in plain English.

And few will head it. Both parties are the free stuff parties - just with different priorities on deficit spending.

Trump wasn't the answer and still isn't the answer. And if voters don't change there will be no answer. Only collapse.

The number of people who remember the Great Depression is getting very tiny. In fact us whose parents lived through it is shrinking. 
Our young, especially do not have any idea or understanding of what a dire, hopeless economic life looks like.  When it happens, the U.S might lose half its population, for the mere fact so many will not know how to sustain.  Their understanding of food, water, and shelter come from a visit to Kroger and many by a government subsidy. 

We will see upheaval that will make 1776, 1861, and 1929 seem like childs play.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.