Author Topic: Republicans Should Ask Winsome Sears To Respond To The State Of The Union  (Read 281 times)

Offline Kamaji

Republicans Should Ask Winsome Sears To Respond To The State Of The Union

‘How do you explain me?’

By Ben Domenech
February 18, 2022

As Republicans consider who ought to be tasked with responding to President Biden’s State of the Union address on March 1, they have the luxury of an obvious, unobjectionable choice whose message speaks to the moment, and to their priorities in 2022: Virginia’s Lieutenant Governor, Winsome Sears.

The San Francisco school board recalls are just the latest sign that American voters are fed up with the state of things in almost every arena, but particularly when it comes to school closures, mask and vaccine mandates, and the racial politicization of education.

No one of prominence to this point has been fired, not Fauci, not Walensky, not even the political hack they have running the Department of Health and Human Services. Even as retirements mount and the internal polling indicates Democrats have dramatically undermined their hopes for November, the Ron Klain White House just keeps on chugging toward that iceberg. They can’t walk it back, you see — they’re too invested in the permanent pandemic now.

The thing about the political sunk cost fallacy is that eventually, it sinks.

And that’s exactly what is happening, most prominently in the Commonwealth of Virginia, where Glenn Youngkin, Winsome Sears, and Jason Miyares were swept into office as Terry McAuliffe danced onstage with Randi Weingarten. Republicans won on the basis of all of the above — but particularly, they won by prioritizing what the Democrats and their collaborators in teachers’ unions, school administrators, and corrupt media did and continue to do to America’s children as an issue. It was a multiethnic slate elected by a multiethnic electorate, with a particular outpouring of support from Asian and immigrant communities who reject the left’s woke agenda and want to get their kids learning again.

Sears is an exceptional voice on these issues. She also is a model for a movement, not just confined to Republican circles, that will stand up directly against false accusations of racism and bigotry in American life. Instead of cowering and begging forgiveness, we ought to reject the false premise of racism, and have the courage to stand up against it, even when it is relentlessly repeated by the likes of CNN, MSNBC, and The Washington Post.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/18/republicans-should-ask-winsome-sears-to-respond-to-the-state-of-the-union/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Republicans Should Ask Winsome Sears To Respond To The State Of The Union
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 09:43:55 pm »
Totally agree!

They should give her a dais, and she should use the same shoe she used to gavel in the Virginia assembly to gavel in her response.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 10:07:24 pm »
I would definitely watch that.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 10:40:30 pm »
One thing is certain, she would make Kamala The Cackler look even more ridiculous in comparison, Sears is more than wiling to speak her mind and competent to answer any grenade of a question the democrats media whores throw at her. Having her respond would be the only reason I would consider watching the whole debacle.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 10:54:22 pm »
Totally agree!

They should give her a dais, and she should use the same shoe she used to gavel in the Virginia assembly to gavel in her response.
The way she turned that around, prank or no, speaks volumes about her character. Wonderful Lady!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 11:11:28 pm »
The way she turned that around, prank or no, speaks volumes about her character. Wonderful Lady!

Absolutely it does.  She could have thrown a fit, or gotten angry, or demanded that someone go find the gavel, and looked either weak or petty; instead, she hauled off with one of her pumps, and pounded it down.  Got the job done, and I'm sure it made just as much noise as the gavel would have made.

Gotta think on one's feet and be creative in the face of diversity, and that she is!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 11:25:23 pm »
Absolutely it does.  She could have thrown a fit, or gotten angry, or demanded that someone go find the gavel, and looked either weak or petty; instead, she hauled off with one of her pumps, and pounded it down.  Got the job done, and I'm sure it made just as much noise as the gavel would have made.

Gotta think on one's feet and be creative in the face of diversity, and that she is!
'What a difference one shoe can make. Just ask Cinderella.'

Pure class, and turned that whole situation around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 11:31:37 pm »
Kamaji:
"She could have thrown a fit, or gotten angry, or demanded that someone go find the gavel, and looked either weak or petty; instead, she hauled off with one of her pumps, and pounded it down."

Hmmm....
Lemmmeeesseee here....
Winsome "Khrushchev" Sears...?
(jes kiddin'...)

Who would I like to see give "the State of the Union" reply?
Easy:
Mr. Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 04:47:11 pm »
It'll never happen.  The Stupid Party would rather put some mealy-mouthed squish on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2022, 05:03:11 pm »
It'll never happen.  The Stupid Party would rather put some mealy-mouthed squish on.

McConnell's going to do it?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 05:05:04 pm »
McConnell's going to do it?

Probably not.  The response speech is a way of showcasing a "rising star," and that's always somebody 100% in line with the GOPe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 05:30:07 pm »
Probably not.  The response speech is a way of showcasing a "rising star," and that's always somebody 100% in line with the GOPe.

I was referring to your "some mealy-mouthed squish on" description. McConnell fits the bill perfectly...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 05:31:27 pm »
I was referring to your "some mealy-mouthed squish on" description. McConnell fits the bill perfectly...

Yes, I see that point.  He does.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2022, 07:02:06 pm »
I'd rather hear Mark Levin.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-