Author Topic: White House chief of staff tries to pump up worried Senate Democrats White House chief of staff tri  (Read 132 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House chief of staff tries to pump up worried Senate Democrats
By Alexander Bolton - 02/18/22 06:01 AM EST

White House chief of staff Ron Klain promised Senate Democrats that President Biden will deliver an uplifting and inspiring State of the Union address that will highlight his efforts to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and respond to rising costs.

Klain’s goal in addressing the Senate Democratic Caucus in person on Capitol Hill appeared to be to give lawmakers something positive to focus on instead of the president’s sagging poll numbers. 

In fact, senators said there was no discussion of Biden’s weak public approval rating in battleground states that will decide in this year’s midterm elections which party will control the Senate in 2023. 

Klain told senators that Biden’s speech to a joint session of Congress next month will tout the president’s accomplishments from last year, which many Democrats believe are being undersold, and set a clear agenda for the rest of the year. 

But the conversation, while very positive, was also very general and seemed designed not to make any big news before Biden’s moment in the national spotlight on March 1.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/594853-white-house-chief-of-staff-tries-to-pump-up-worried-senate-democrats 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

What accomplishments?

Offline LMAO

What accomplishments?

Rapidly rising inflation

More crime

A border crisis

An Afghanistan withdrawal debacle

A slowing economy

Attempt to push draconian Covid vaccine mandate

An emboldened China and Russia
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Rapidly rising inflation

More crime

A border crisis

An Afghanistan withdrawal debacle

A slowing economy

Attempt to push draconian Covid vaccine mandate

An emboldened China and Russia

:silly:

Somehow, I don't think those'll make Bidet's list.