Author Topic: Biden Admin To Cancel $415 Million In Student Loan Debt For Roughly 16,000 People  (Read 197 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Admin To Cancel $415 Million In Student Loan Debt For Roughly 16,000 People

Harry Wilmerding
Contributor
February 17, 2022 12:07 PM ET

The Biden administration announced Wednesday it will cancel $415 million in student debt for nearly 16,000 borrowers who claim they were misled by for-profit colleges.

The loans for almost 16,000 former students will be canceled under a legal provision called the borrower defense to repayment, which allows students to have their debts erased if they prove a for-profit school defrauded them, the Department of Education (DOE) said in a press release.

The DOE found that DeVry University, Westwood College, ITT Technical Institute nursing school and Minnesota School of Business/Globe University provided false information regarding their graduates’ job placement.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1494153268729163777

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/17/joe-biden-cancel-student-loan-debt-415-million/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

The Biden administration announced Wednesday it will cancel $415 million in student debt for nearly 16,000 borrowers who claim they were misled by for-profit colleges.

The loans for almost 16,000 former students will be canceled under a legal provision called the borrower defense to repayment, which allows students to have their debts erased if they prove a for-profit school defrauded them, the Department of Education (DOE) said in a press release.

So all 16,000 students proved that they were defrauded?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If I had the power, I'd simply end government-backed student loans.

Simple as that.

In fact, I'd go further:
I'd ban private loans to students (to pay for tuition and expenses) as well.

Either pay "up front" -- or don't go.

Of course, not very many prospective students would be able to do that.

So... what would the response of the schools be when few students can pay their outrageous tuitions...?