Author Topic: Ukraine: Zelensky Celebrates Joke ‘We’re Getting Invaded’ Holiday  (Read 212 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ukraine: Zelensky Celebrates Joke ‘We’re Getting Invaded’ Holiday

Frances Martel 16 Feb 2022

President Volodymyr Zelensky presided over a flag-raising ceremony and headed off to the war-torn Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine on Wednesday to celebrate the “Day of Unity,” a holiday he created this week in response to anonymous reports that the Russian military had chosen the date to invade.

Zelensky’s announcement on Monday that he had declared the day a holiday – celebrated with a pay raise for soldiers, Ukrainian flag rallies, and other patriotic events – triggered international panic and temporarily hurt global markets, as corporate news outlets reported his speech as a serious declaration that Russia would definitely invade Ukraine this week. The poor reporting forced the Ukrainian presidential office to issue a clarification that Zelensky declaring that the Russians would invade on Wednesday was “irony” and a reference to anonymous media reports. Zelensky, a professional comic before becoming president, has repeatedly confused corporate media by using humor.

“We are told that February 16 will be the day of the attack. We will make it the Day of Unity,” Zelensky said in a national address on Monday. “The relevant decree has already been signed. On this day, we will hoist national flags, put on blue and yellow ribbons and show the world our unity.”

While the announcement of the attack was a joke, the patriotism on display on Wednesday was not. Ukrainians took to the streets in their blue and yellow national colors and embraced the theme of sovereign unity in response to Zelensky’s call.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/16/ukraine-zelensky-celebrates-joke-were-getting-invaded-holiday/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Ukraine: Zelensky Celebrates Joke ‘We’re Getting Invaded’ Holiday
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 06:06:41 pm »

Congratulations President Biden....

You've been given the trophy for worst Wag The Dog Excercise in political history.   you better find an Aspirin factory and fast!!!!!

Everyone was worried about those mysterious trumpeting sounds in the sky world-wide?  Ends up it is was the world laughing at Biden
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 11:49:31 pm »
Clint Ehrlich @ClintEhrlich
Maria Zakharova, the spokeswoman for Russia's Foreign Ministry, has requested that Western media publish a full schedule for Russia's upcoming invasions this year.

"I’d like to plan my vacation," she quipped.

2:15 PM · Feb 16, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 01:23:50 pm »
Clint Ehrlich @ClintEhrlich
Maria Zakharova, the spokeswoman for Russia's Foreign Ministry, has requested that Western media publish a full schedule for Russia's upcoming invasions this year.

"I’d like to plan my vacation," she quipped.

2:15 PM · Feb 16, 2022·

That is funny right there I don't care who you are. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.