Author Topic: Republicans spurned by Trump in primaries still embrace him  (Read 252 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans spurned by Trump in primaries still embrace him
« on: February 16, 2022, 09:10:56 pm »
By Max Greenwood - 02/16/22 03:49 PM EST

Republicans who missed out on Donald Trump’s coveted endorsements are grasping for ways to tie themselves to the former president and his political movement, betting his  message will prove more powerful in contentious primary races than the man himself.

The strategy is playing out in GOP primaries across the country, including in South Carolina, where Trump last week endorsed Republican Katie Arrington’s challenge to Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), a once-loyal ally who drew the former president’s ire by criticizing him in the wake of the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol. 

Mace, a first-term congresswoman who worked on Trump’s 2016 campaign, responded by filming a video of herself praising the former president and touting her support for him outside of Trump Tower in New York City.

“I remember in 2015 when President Trump announced his run. I was one of his earliest supporters,” she said. “I actually worked for the campaign in 2016. I worked in seven different states across the country to help get him elected. I supported him again in 2020 because of policies I believe in.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/594589-republicans-spurned-by-trump-in-primaries-still-embrace-him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Republicans spurned by Trump in primaries still embrace him
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 09:27:37 pm »
From the article…..
“I remember in 2015 when President Trump announced his run. I was one of his earliest supporters,” she said. “I actually worked for the campaign in 2016. I worked in seven different states across the country to help get him elected. I supported him again in 2020 because of policies I believe in.”

So is the 2022 midterms going to be about real issues or preserving Donald Trump‘s ego?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 09:29:16 pm »
Pathetic masochists just love taking Trump's abuse.  They are not worthy to hold office.  The last thing the GOP needs are more wet noodles and airport windsocks in Congress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZoVO8ZyyQ
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 04:17:47 pm »
By Max Greenwood - 02/16/22 03:49 PM EST

Republicans who missed out on Donald Trump’s coveted endorsements are grasping for ways to tie themselves to the former president and his political movement, betting his  message will prove more powerful in contentious primary races than the man himself.

The strategy is playing out in GOP primaries across the country, including in South Carolina, where Trump last week endorsed Republican Katie Arrington’s challenge to Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), a once-loyal ally who drew the former president’s ire by criticizing him in the wake of the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol. 

Mace, a first-term congresswoman who worked on Trump’s 2016 campaign, responded by filming a video of herself praising the former president and touting her support for him outside of Trump Tower in New York City.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/594589-republicans-spurned-by-trump-in-primaries-still-embrace-him

Nancy Mace is a liar, traitor and 100% RINO who threw TRUMP under the bus after using him to get elected. I live in her district and she is nothing but a RINO POS and 100% UNIPARTY member. She is a disgrace to the Citadel for being the first women graduate. Mace is going down and cannot happen to a better POS person. No one like TRAITORS. Ask Mike Pence!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 04:25:32 pm »
From the article…..

So is the 2022 midterms going to be about real issues or preserving Donald Trump‘s ego?

ELECTIONS you mean what the UNIPARTY has approved for whom to be elected. If you think these elections will be fair, honest like the media are telling you that you have a choice, I have a bridge for sell in Manhattan, CHEAP! Nothing done since the last BIG STEAL so why STOP. The UNIPARTY just got better at it. I say UNIPARTY because select R people are involved just like the DEMS. MOST R in the RINO party are all in on the BIG STEAL the last time and again this election season. ****slapping

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 05:52:19 pm »
Another idiotic article from the Shill designed to get Republicans fighting amongst themselves.  All they have to do is say "Trump" and everybody rises to the challenge like Pavlov's Dog.

One doesn't need to be a "Trump Cultist" to want the same things he does.  Wise up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 06:30:41 pm »
Nancy Mace is a liar, traitor and 100% RINO who threw TRUMP under the bus after using him to get elected. I live in her district and she is nothing but a RINO POS and 100% UNIPARTY member. She is a disgrace to the Citadel for being the first women graduate. Mace is going down and cannot happen to a better POS person. No one like TRAITORS. Ask Mike Pence!

I would like to donate to Katie Arrington, but I can't find her website.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 06:38:58 pm »

Please, give this line of  :bs:  a rest.    @LMAO    2015 is over.   Get over the butt hurt.

The only one discussing real issues  --- is Donald Trump. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 07:22:04 pm »
Please, give this line of  :bs:  a rest.    @LMAO    2015 is over.   Get over the butt hurt.

The only one discussing real issues  --- is Donald Trump.

Lol….

I’ve noticed than any criticism of Trump gets an emotional reaction from some as if you are attacking them personally or you’re criticizing their child. They say the flak gets heaviest when you’re over the target

Take a break and calm yourself. We get to poke fun, criticize, and scrutinize ALL who seek power and make decisions that impact us.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:53:56 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 08:42:58 pm »
Lol….

I’ve noticed than any criticism of Trump gets an emotional reaction from some as if you are attacking them personally or you’re criticizing their child. They say the flak gets heaviest when you’re over the target

Take a break and calm yourself. We get to poke fun, criticize, and scrutinize ALL who seek power and make decisions that impact us.

And I've noticed that any positive mention of Trump gets set upon. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 08:49:14 pm »
The nevertrumpers have no right to complain about Traitor Joe Biden. They helped put him in as POTUS and they got what they wanted.