Author Topic: A Tsunami of Cope Approaches After Criminal Case Against Donald Trump Implodes  (Read 381 times)

Offline Kamaji

A Tsunami of Cope Approaches After Criminal Case Against Donald Trump Implodes

By Bonchie
Feb 23, 2022

In a surprise move, the top prosecutors pursuing criminal charges against Donald Trump in New York have suddenly resigned. That came after Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg expressed doubt about the ability of the case to move forward. Of note is that Bragg himself is a far-left figure, rebuffing any claims of political favoritism toward Trump.

This comes per The New York Times, and you can just feel the distress in every word of the article.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1496570957821005827

The two prosecutors leading the Manhattan district attorney’s investigation into former President Donald J. Trump and his business practices abruptly resigned on Wednesday amid a monthlong pause in their presentation of evidence to a grand jury, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The stunning development comes not long after the high-stakes inquiry appeared to be gaining momentum, and throws its future into serious doubt.

The prosecutors, Carey R. Dunne and Mark F. Pomerantz, submitted their resignations after the new Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, indicated to them that he had doubts about moving forward with a case against Mr. Trump, the people said.

Bragg’s predecessor had accelerated the probe last fall, empaneling a grand jury and receiving much fanfare, especially from the media-sphere. Once Bragg took office, the case appeared to be moving ahead as planned, but these resignations testify to some kind of major internal shift. If Bragg was now expressing doubts about the case moving forward, that signals that he doesn’t believe the evidence is there for a conviction. Remember, prosecutors hate to pursue cases they don’t think they can win, and I don’t believe these resignations would have happened if this criminal case against Trump hadn’t imploded.

Source:  https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/02/23/a-tsunami-of-cope-approaches-after-criminal-case-against-donald-trump-implodes-n526808

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Whether you like Trump or not, it's beautiful to see this grenade blow up in their face for all Americans and liberals especially to see, and for us to hear the gnashing of teeth that follows.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Whether you like Trump or not, it's beautiful to see this grenade blow up in their face for all Americans and liberals especially to see, and for us to hear the gnashing of teeth that follows.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
" I don’t believe these resignations would have happened if this criminal case against Trump hadn’t imploded."

Lovely to see!  happy77

The leftist mental midgets have been working diligently to hang Trump.  I would like nothing more than to see cases against Trump to continue to implode.

How can people not see what is going on all around them?  Either they're stupid, blind, or just too plain too stubborn to admit what's going on.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 11:12:35 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

The NY Post article provides a little more background.  However, one thing it does point out is that this was a Manhattan DA case - the NYC level - not the state or federal level, and that there is still an ongoing witch hunt at the state level.

NY Post article:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/23/two-manhattan-prosecutors-leading-trump-organization-probe-resign/

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The NY Post article provides a little more background.  However, one thing it does point out is that this was a Manhattan DA case - the NYC level - not the state or federal level, and that there is still an ongoing witch hunt at the state level.

NY Post article:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/23/two-manhattan-prosecutors-leading-trump-organization-probe-resign/

The witch hunt after President Trump (and his family)will continue until either they find a way to ensure that he will never be able to hold political office again or until the mid terms take place. Even at that, McConnell IMHO represents a huge problem and I continue to hope that somehow he is forced to step down.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

My take is that the DA got talked into this investigation and now that he sees the evidence pulled the plug and his two TDS cohorts could not tolerate the smack down..

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The witch hunt after President Trump (and his family)will continue until either they find a way to ensure that he will never be able to hold political office again or until the mid terms take place. Even at that, McConnell IMHO represents a huge problem and I continue to hope that somehow he is forced to step down.
From your keyboard to God's eyes..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

" I don’t believe these resignations would have happened if this criminal case against Trump hadn’t imploded."

Lovely to see!  happy77

The leftist mental midgets have been working diligently to hang Trump.  I would like nothing more than to see cases against Trump to continue to implode.

How can people not see what is going on all around them?  Either they're stupid, blind, or just too plain too stubborn to admit what's going on.
They have too much emotional baggage invested in "Orange Man Bad", that they are incapable of seeing anything that opposes that world view.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.