Author Topic: GOP eyes ambitious agenda if House flips  (Read 184 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP eyes ambitious agenda if House flips
« on: February 16, 2022, 02:29:01 pm »
GOP eyes ambitious agenda if House flips
By Mike Lillis - 02/16/22 06:00 AM EST

Republicans are eyeing an ambitious legislative agenda if they flip the House in November’s elections, setting the stage for countless clashes with President Biden on a host of thorny issues, from COVID-19 protocols and Big Tech to border security and the national debt.

The midterm cycle is historically brutal for the party of first-term presidents, and that track record — combined with Biden’s approval rating, which is underwater, and consumer inflation, which is soaring — has created a golden opportunity for Republicans to win back the lower chamber after just four years in the minority wilderness.

With that in mind, GOP leaders are already turning their gaze beyond the elections to discuss how they’d wield their power, presuming they seize it.

Their strategy features a series of lawmaker “task forces” charged with itemizing the party’s top-tier reform ideas across a spectrum of hot-button issues — a wish list designed to serve as both a messaging tool on the campaign trail this year and a legislative guide in 2023 if they do gain the majority.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/594452-gop-eyes-ambitious-agenda-if-house-flips
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: GOP eyes ambitious agenda if House flips
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 02:35:05 pm »
Let's see, if history is any guide, it'll get wasted in stupid in-fighting, and endless congressional committee investigations that end in nothingburgers.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 03:20:08 pm »
Let's see, if history is any guide, it'll get wasted in stupid in-fighting, and endless congressional committee investigations that end in nothingburgers.

I see no reason to expect anything else.  By 2024 the Rats will be competitive, and the opportunity will be lost, just like in '94.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 03:29:25 pm »
Publish the list.  I double dog dare House GOP.

I bet they don't even have a "framework".
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 03:33:02 pm »

It's hard to have a framework if one doesn't have the intention in the first place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 03:39:00 pm »

Agreed!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 03:39:55 pm »
Their strategy features a series of lawmaker “task forces” charged with itemizing the party’s top-tier reform ideas across a spectrum of hot-button issues — a wish list designed to serve as both a messaging tool on the campaign trail this year and a legislative guide in 2023 if they do gain the majority.
What a load of BS..... Like any good leader, you have a plan in your pocket all the time and you constantly review and update it.  If you wait till the battle starts, you lose, again...
Battle plan by committee... Patton is rolling over in his grave....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 03:48:44 pm »

:bingo:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 04:12:12 pm »
They can have the most ambitious agenda since 1994's Contract With America and it won't mean a damn thing as long as McCarthy and McConnell are leading the Republicans in the House and Senate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 04:21:53 pm »
Who says McCarthy and McConnell have to be Republican leaders in the House and Senate?

Reps and Senators could always elect someone other than McCarthy and McConnell to be their leaders.

McCarthy and McConnell are chosen as leaders, therefore, they can also be unchosen.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 04:31:23 pm »
Who says McCarthy and McConnell have to be Republican leaders in the House and Senate?

Reps and Senators could always elect someone other than McCarthy and McConnell to be their leaders.

McCarthy and McConnell are chosen as leaders, therefore, they can also be unchosen.

The problem is they both control the purse strings for reelection campaigns and they've got their people in key leadership positions in the House and Senate to ensure no one seriously challenges them for the Speaker or Majority Leader positions.

It's the same way that Pelosi keeps the Dems in line. "Great political career you've got there...it would be a shame if something happened to it"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!