Author Topic: Derek Hunter: What If This Whole ‘Ukraine Invasion’ Was A Hoax?  (Read 296 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What If This Whole ‘Ukraine Invasion’ Was A Hoax?
Derek Hunter

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Let me preface this with the fact that I don’t know what I’m going to speculate about here to be true, but it’s the only thing that makes sense of the entire situation. Of course, if Russia invades Ukraine, either by the time this is published Tuesday or anytime thereafter, this could look pretty stupid. Still, I’m willing to risk it because nothing else makes any sense, when you consider the entire situation.

What if the idea of Russia invading Ukraine is a hoax? What if it’s just Russia doing what Russia loves doing – saber rattling – and nothing else? What if the western governments scrambling now to “prevent war” know this and are hoping the whole situation serve as a distraction from the various “Freedom Convoys” forming around the world to protest oppressive and ineffective government actions related to COVID?

Joe Biden needs a distraction from a lot of things, inflation being chief among them. It makes sense that he’s spewing things in such a panicked way that even the President of Ukraine is confused by it. You’d think the leader of the country “on the verge” of being invaded would be sounding the loudest alarm, but he’s not. The American President is.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2022/02/15/what-if-this-whole-ukraine-invasion-was-a-hoax-n2603259
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Derek Hunter: What If This Whole ‘Ukraine Invasion’ Was A Hoax?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 04:18:06 pm »
Of course it was a hoax all along.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 04:38:23 pm »
Not so much a hoax as playing a game of diplomatic chicken ... seeing how much the West really values Ukraine ... best case for Putin, he "liberates" Ukraine ... worst case for Putin, he's able to use a threat of Russian military intervention as leverage when bargaining for concessions from the West.

Either way, Putin wins ... he's strengthened his negotiation position with the West.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 04:38:45 pm »
These days what is not a hoax?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 07:33:22 pm »
Of course it was a hoax all along.
It served it's purpose, oil and gas prices are up giving Russia higher income with a side benefit of showing the world what a warmonger and fool Brandon is.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 01:37:32 pm »
FTA....

It’s weird, if I’m right, that Biden would think this could help him domestically. During the first Gulf War, George H. W. Bush had such a boost in approval ratings because things, for the most part, were otherwise fine. Our military also rolled over Iraq so quickly that if you blinked, you might’ve missed it.

In Ukraine, no US troops will be engaged. There is literally nothing Biden can do to change the course of events, should Russia invade. All the actions being discussed are long-term sanctions.

Nothing makes sense, unless you entertain a couple of possibilities: 1, we’re led by morons, or 2, we are being lied to. There’s ample evidence for both, I just don’t know which way the scale tilts. Then there’s the possibility that I’m wrong about all of it, but that seems less and less likely with each passing day.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 01:39:49 pm »
These days what is not a hoax?
It's no wonder we've become so cynical.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 01:44:53 pm »
I think we're well past 'what if' at this point.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 01:58:37 pm »
Anyone notice about 3 weeks ago, I noticed and was sayng  that the extra $20-$30/bbl oil this crisis would benefit Putin/Russians in massive profits at the same time Biden would get his wag/dog distraction,and a chance to look like a statesman?

win-win for both Putin and Biden.  Really makes sense with the Ukranians laughing this off.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 02:09:41 pm »
Anyone notice about 3 weeks ago, I noticed and was sayng  that the extra $20-$30/bbl oil this crisis would benefit Putin/Russians in massive profits at the same time Biden would get his wag/dog distraction,and a chance to look like a statesman?

win-win for both Putin and Biden.  Really makes sense with the Ukranians laughing this off.

Good point!

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 02:10:16 pm »
Meanwhile ......

"Russia has launched a meme war against Joe Biden and CNN"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1493938203455279107

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 02:11:11 pm »
It's no wonder we've become so cynical.

I prefer to call it "awake"   :laugh:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2022, 03:22:03 pm »
In Kiev, do they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese a "Royale with cheese"?

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2022, 04:15:02 pm »
Or maybe it's being hyped up to give the administration and press something "major" to divert to so they don't have time to talk about the Durham investigation.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2022, 04:19:46 pm »
Or maybe it's being hyped up to give the administration and press something "major" to divert to so they don't have time to talk about the Durham investigation.

I still think the driver was Russian oil profits and Biden needing a wag dogging diplomatic victory.  And I'd venture Putin and Biden had a private call facilitating this.

As far as the Durham investigation, I think we are a ways from implicating Pedo Joe and Obama in this thing.  Hitlerly is the one who is sweating her fat ass off now, and is likely lawyering up to kazoo.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 04:20:32 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 11:43:27 pm »
I reckon Putin applied a good deal of military (and thus, political) pressure on Ukraine with the following goals in mind:
- Keep Ukraine out of the European Union and/or NATO
- Keep Ukraine a somewhat neutral "buffer country" that would retain some level of historical/cultural ties to the old Russia.

An outright invasion might have been more trouble than it would be worth.

Makes me think of von Clausewitz:
"War is the continuation of politics by other means."

With that in mind, the perceived threat of war (without actual war) can be used to "bend" political objectives to a greater degree than might any level of economic or [merely] political persuasion...

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2022, 06:17:04 am »
Clint Ehrlich
@ClintEhrlich

Maria Zakharova, the spokeswoman for Russia's Foreign Ministry, has requested that Western media publish a full schedule for Russia's upcoming invasions this year.

"I’d like to plan my vacation," she quipped.

2:15 PM · Feb 16, 2022  Twitter for Android