Author Topic: Ukrainian president declares Wednesday a 'day of unity' amid fears of Russian attack  (Read 194 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ukrainian president declares Wednesday a 'day of unity' amid fears of Russian attack
By Mychael Schnell - 02/14/22 02:03 PM EST

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Monday declared that Wednesday will be a day of unity, as he addressed reports that a Russian invasion of his country could begin that day.

The comments from the Ukrainian leader, made in an address to his nation posted on Facebook, come amid heightened tensions between Kyiv and Moscow. The Biden administration had warned on Friday that an attack on Ukraine could be imminent.

Zelensky wrote in the statement on Facebook that the decree declaring a day of unity had already been signed.

“We are told that February 16 will be the day of the attack," he said, according to a Facebook translation of his comments.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/594151-zelensky-says-ukraine-has-been-informed-feb-16-will-be-day-of-attack
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

made in an address to his nation posted on Facebook

Now that's really official and professional...

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bizarre to say the least. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ukraine president walks back statement that Russia will attack Wednesday
Volodymyr Zelenskyy now says the prediction that the attack would come on Feb. 16 was spread by the media and is not an official date.

Feb. 14, 2022, 1:22 PM CST
By Alexander Smith

Hours after issuing a global statement saying he heard Russia would attack his country on Feb. 16, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy walked back the prediction on Monday, clarifying that he was referring only to media reports.

The first statement spooked the markets and led to widespread headlines and media reports.

“We are told that February 16 will be the day of the attack,” Zelenskyy said in a video statement posted on Facebook.

However, after his comments were taken by many at face value, his spokesman, Sergii Nykyforov, said that the president, who is a former comedian, was only saying what has been reported elsewhere.

“The president referred to a date that was spread by the media,” the spokesman told NBC News.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ukraine-president-says-told-russia-will-attack-wednesday-rcna16185
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

“We are told that February 16 will be the day of the attack,”

So putin took out a full page ad in the Russia Times??  nonsense...

Online Right_in_Virginia

"You already know Ukraine doesn’t matter to the US, it’s also important to know there’s no moral case for supporting Ukraine either. A country that arrests the opposition and bans media in an entire language is no “democracy.”"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RichardHanania/status/1493404896447528961

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I know there are still Briefers are pissed at Fox News for what they did in '20 election.  But, I have  to highly recommend that everyone watch, DVR, or YT Tucker Carlson's first 20 minutes of his show every night.

It's biting, to the point, and dead on, near 100% of the time.  I know we don't have Rush Limbaugh anymore, but this as about as close as we have right now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.