Author Topic: How Mike Pence Fell Short on January 6  (Read 144 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Mike Pence Fell Short on January 6
« on: February 15, 2022, 04:38:52 pm »
February 15, 2022
How Mike Pence Fell Short on January 6
By Jon N. Hall

It’s easy to imagine that most Republican voters approved of former Vice President Mike Pence. They must have appreciated his loyalty to a president very different than himself. At times, Mike seemed the perfect V.P. But when it came to what was his most important responsibility as President of the Senate, Pence did not rise to the occasion, which was the certification of the 2020 presidential election on January 6, 2021.

On February 4, New York Post ran “Mike Pence says Trump ‘wrong’ about ‘un-American’ idea to overturn election” that reported on an event held that very day:

“I heard this week that President Trump said I had the right to overturn the election. President Trump is wrong. I had no right to overturn the election,” Pence told a gathering of the Federalist Society in Orlando, Fla.

“The presidency belongs to the American people and the American people alone. And frankly, there is no idea more un-American than the notion than any one person could choose the American president. Under the Constitution, I had no right to change the outcome of our election.”

Pence is correct; he had no “right” conferred to him by the Constitution to “overturn” the 2020 election. And if Donald Trump contended that he did, then Trump was indeed wrong. But none of that makes any difference, as Pence could still have nullified the “election.” (Scare quotes were used there because the 2020 “election” was riddled with so many illegalities, problems, and government failures that it can’t really qualify as an election.)

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/02/how_mike_pence_fell_short_on_january_6.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: How Mike Pence Fell Short on January 6
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 04:46:22 pm »
To me Pence is a beady eyed snake a Judas/Brutus.  Maybe even a religious hypocrite.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 05:01:13 pm »
... the V.P. does have the power to reject disputed states’ electoral certificates.
:yowsa: and a duty to do so until the disputes are sorted out.

Had Pence rejected all certificates, we’d have had a tie which would have thrown the presidential election into the House of Representatives. And that’s where the 2020 presidential election with all its irregularities and improbabilities belonged. The voters of Pennsylvania, Georgia, and all the other rogue states would still be able to weigh in, but with their U.S. representatives rather than electors.

Had Pence rejected all certificates, singlehandedly throwing the election into the House, it would have been a fitting rebuke of the government failure that made the 2020 elections a mockery...

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 12:08:45 am »
Doesn't matter whether Pence was wrong or right.
What he did on January 6 ended his political career.
It's over.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 01:26:08 pm »
:yowsa: and a duty to do so until the disputes are sorted out.

:bingo: