Author Topic: The Inflation Tsunami Is Just Getting Started  (Read 164 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Inflation Tsunami Is Just Getting Started
« on: February 14, 2022, 09:32:46 pm »

The Inflation Tsunami Is Just Getting Started
February 14, 2022 Constitutional Nobody News

After CPI came in hotter than expected yet again in January, Peter Schiff appeared on Fox Business along with Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager of Solutions Funds Group Larry Shover.

Peter said that the inflation tsunami is just getting started and the Fed is powerless to fight it.

With the hot inflation print for January, the markets are now pricing in a 50 basis point rate hike in March. Peter said that won’t be enough.

“If we still measured inflation the way we did 40 years ago, it would be 15%, not 7.5%. And the rate hikes they’ve proposed are completely inadequate. In fact, the Fed is intending to pursue an accommodative monetary policy. Even if they raise interest rates to 1 or 2%, that is highly accommodative. That’s the same type of interest rates they had when inflation was below 2%. You’ve got inflation at 7.5%, even the way they measure it – and rising. The only way to put out this fire is to have positive real interest rates. The Fed needs to get above the inflation rate. We’re not even going to get close. So, they’re going to continue to pour gasoline on the fire. And so, the entire time the Fed is inching up rates, inflation is actually going to be moving higher. Inflation is going to be worse in 2022 than it was in 2021, and real interest rates are going to continue to fall even as the Fed raises nominal rates.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sh_S6p7CSQ&ab_channel=PeterSchiff

more
https://ussanews.com/the-inflation-tsunami-is-just-getting-started/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Inflation Tsunami Is Just Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 09:36:26 pm »
This is the most revealing statement, to me:
If we still measured inflation the way we did 40 years ago, it would be 15%, not 7.5%.

We are staring straight into the face of incipient stagflation, and we've so monkeyed with the yardsticks used to measure it that we can't even recognize it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 09:41:16 pm »
This is the most revealing statement, to me:
We are staring straight into the face of incipient stagflation, and we've so monkeyed with the yardsticks used to measure it that we can't even recognize it.

I guarantee you WILL recognize it! In spades!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 09:42:48 pm »
I guarantee you WILL recognize it! In spades!

We haven't recognized it; that's the problem.

We will suffer from it - most certainly - but the problem is that we've managed to delude ourselves into thinking that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't really a train coming the other direction, mostly by playing around with how we gauge the light itself.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 09:47:43 pm »
Biden admin needs to reverse course on anti-fossil fuel policies, to resolve supply chain disruptions, and multi-source supply chains across multiple domestic and foreign suppliers, preferrably located in the Western Hemisphere.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 12:31:13 am »
Goldbug predicts hyperinflation. In other news, dog bites man. Film at 11.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024