Author Topic: BREAKING: Trudeau Announces Unprecedented Action, Freezing Bank Accounts Of ‘Freedom Convoy’ Protest  (Read 331 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Trudeau Announces Unprecedented Action, Freezing Bank Accounts Of ‘Freedom Convoy’ Protesters
By  Tim Pearce

Feb 14, 2022   DailyWire.com

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act on Monday in an effort to crack down on protesters that have shut down parts of Ottawa and various border crossings with the U.S.

Trudeau informed his cabinet and Canada’s premiers of his intent Monday morning. The prime minister’s announcement marks the first time the act, which replaced the War Measures Act in 1988, has been employed.

“After discussing with cabinet and caucus, after consultation with premiers from all provinces and territories, the federal government has invoked the emergencies act to supplement provincial and territorial capacity to address the blockades and occupations,” Trudeau announced in a press conference. “I want to be very clear, the scope of these measures will be time-limited, geographically targeted, as well as reasonable and proportionate to the threats they are meant to address. The emergencies act will be used to strengthen and support law enforcement agencies at all levels across the country.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-trudeau-announces-unprecedented-action-freezing-bank-accounts-of-freedom-convoy-protesters
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not one more truckload of anything into the offending provincial capitols.

Not one square of asswipe, not one gram of food, not one liter of fuel.

NOTHING.

(Sorry, boss, you froze my fuel money, I ain't going anywhere.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Not one more truckload of anything into the offending provincial capitols.

Not one square of asswipe, not one gram of food, not one liter of fuel.

NOTHING.

(Sorry, boss, you froze my fuel money, I ain't going anywhere.)

Absolutely.  The truckers should force Canada to its knees for this.

Offline DB

Will Canadians stand for this?

Their future stands in the balance.

Choose wisely...

Offline Smokin Joe

Absolutely.  The truckers should force Canada to its knees for this.
Haul from the ports to the provinces that do not have mandates. Let the rest do without.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Haul from the ports to the provinces that do not have mandates. Let the rest do without.

:thumbsup:

U.S. truckers should refuse to replace striking Canadian truckers, and should refuse to cross the border.

Offline EdinVA

The canadian courts determined the police could not take fuel but now the banks can seize your account if the THINK you are demonstrating?

The banks have become law enforcement?

strange world...

Offline Smokin Joe

Time for this:

All that is required is for any Member of Parliament to move the motion “Be it resolved, That this House has no confidence in Her Majesty's Government”, and for the motion to pass.

It does not even need 50% + 1 votes. It just has to pass. The last time it happened federally (1979) it passed because three Members of the governing party were away. Boom! See 1979: Joe Clark’s government falls - CBC Archives

When that happens (and it does, fairly regularly) we have a full election 30 days later.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

The canadian courts determined the police could not take fuel but now the banks can seize your account if the THINK you are demonstrating?

The banks have become law enforcement?

strange world...

Keep in mind that Canadian law does not offer the same protections against government that our Constitution provides.  The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms would be the equivalence of our Bill of Rights, except that it begins with one great big force majeure:

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
 Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law:

Guarantee of Rights and Freedoms

1 The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

This is numero uno.  First and foremost.  This comes before freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press, and freedom of thought, belief, and opinion.  So the government's veto judgment against demonstrable justification essentially annul everything that follows.

Canada is not a free country.  It never has been.  It is a Commonwealth of the United Kingdom and a relic of the colonial relationship of King George III.  At the end of the American Revolution, many loyalists in the US chose to migrate to Canada, choosing the crown over the newly won liberties of the thirteen colonies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

It does not even need 50% + 1 votes. It just has to pass. The last time it happened federally (1979) it passed because three Members of the governing party were away. Boom! See 1979: Joe Clark’s government falls - CBC Archives

The last two no-confidence votes occurred against Justin Trudeau's father.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I would declare Trudeau's latest gimmick as rogue and outlaw, a coup, a dictatorship and the actions of terrorists against the people of Canada.

Refuse to deliver anything to Ottawa and its supporting provinces until the criminals are arrested and jailed. Remove them from power and let the govt fall.

Put the ball in their corner.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I would declare Trudeau's latest gimmick as rogue and outlaw, a coup, a dictatorship and the actions of terrorists against the people of Canada.

Refuse to deliver anything to Ottawa and its supporting provinces until the criminals are arrested and jailed. Remove them from power and let the govt fall.

Put the ball in their corner.

There must be some truckers still delivering goods..too bad they can't stop them all it would have a bigger impact...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien