Author Topic: In 2022, The Torch Will Be Passed Whether You Like It Or Not  (Read 267 times)

Offline bilo

In 2022, The Torch Will Be Passed Whether You Like It Or Not
« on: February 15, 2022, 01:20:02 am »
As Trump works to retain his hold on the Republican Party, elevating a slate of friendly candidates in midterm elections, McConnell and his allies are quietly, desperately maneuvering to try to thwart him. The loose alliance, which was once thought of as the GOP establishment, for months has been engaged in a high-stakes candidate recruitment campaign, full of phone calls, meetings, polling memos and promises of millions of dollars. It’s all aimed at recapturing the Senate majority, but the election also represents what could be Republicans’ last chance to reverse the spread of Trumpism before it fully consumes their party.

McConnell for years pushed Trump’s agenda and only rarely opposed him in public. But the message that he delivers privately now is unsparing, if debatable: Trump is losing political altitude and need not be feared in a primary, he has told Ducey in repeated phone calls, as the Senate leader’s lieutenants share polling data they argue proves it.

In conversations with senators and would-be senators, McConnell is blunt about the damage he believes Trump has done to the GOP, according to those who have spoken to him. Privately, he has declared he won’t let unelectable “goofballs” win Republican primaries.

History doesn’t bode well for such behind-the-scene efforts to challenge Trump, and McConnell’s hard sell is so far yielding mixed results.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/14/in-2022-the-torch-will-be-passed-whether-you-like-it-or-not/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: In 2022, The Torch Will Be Passed Whether You Like It Or Not
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 01:24:45 am »
I think the "old guard" just doesn't understand the depth of the MAGA America First supporters dislike and distrust of them. I believe where the "old guard" get their candidate on the ballot they will be shocked that they can't the base to vote for them.

No more of this insider garbage! I would rather not vote than support a Rino.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 06:12:19 am »
I think the "old guard" just doesn't understand the depth of the MAGA America First supporters dislike and distrust of them. I believe where the "old guard" get their candidate on the ballot they will be shocked that they can't the base to vote for them.

No more of this insider garbage! I would rather not vote than support a Rino.
This is the sort of crap that will lead to another McCain or Romney on the ticket, and the inevitable election of the Democrat--which the GOPe seems entirely fine with.

Such candidates do not have what it takes to get out enough voters to overcome the fraud vote.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 01:09:09 pm »
This is the sort of crap that will lead to another McCain or Romney on the ticket, and the inevitable election of the Democrat--which the GOPe seems entirely fine with.

Such candidates do not have what it takes to get out enough voters to overcome the fraud vote.
I have said for years that the GOPe are happy to be the minority and just blame everything on the DCP.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 04:55:23 pm »

You have it backwards. We ended up with Bush, McCain & Romney because the GOPe figured they could still count on our votes. The argument they made was "look how bad the other guy is" and the end result was more and more of the country was lost. It's time for a new approach, either the Rino's get behind the candidates we pick or they can move over to the left.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 05:10:23 pm »
In both parties, people are rejecting the status quo because it benefits too few.

Within each party, there is disagreement about what should replace the status quo.

More of the same is a strategy for political atrophy and irrelevance.

Populist Republicans may have less in common with establishment Republicans, but may have some commonalities with Populist Democrats.  For example, allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices.  Neither Democratic Establishment nor Republican Establishment want that to happen.

I differentiate Populist from Progressive.  Populists want to make things better for everyone.  Progressives only want to make things better for some at the expense of others.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 05:39:13 pm »
You have it backwards. We ended up with Bush, McCain & Romney because the GOPe figured they could still count on our votes. The argument they made was "look how bad the other guy is" and the end result was more and more of the country was lost. It's time for a new approach, either the Rino's get behind the candidates we pick or they can move over to the left.

WE continue to get crap candidates because WE continue to allow the corrupt bastards to select who we can vote for through the multitude of devices at their command!  Until that stops, expect more of the same!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 05:44:16 pm »
Mitch McConnell wants GOP to keep Senate for HIS agenda, not ours.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 06:23:31 pm »
In both parties, people are rejecting the status quo because it benefits too few.

Within each party, there is disagreement about what should replace the status quo.

More of the same is a strategy for political atrophy and irrelevance.

Populist Republicans may have less in common with establishment Republicans, but may have some commonalities with Populist Democrats.  For example, allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices.  Neither Democratic Establishment nor Republican Establishment want that to happen.

I differentiate Populist from Progressive.  Populists want to make things better for everyone.  Progressives only want to make things better for some at the expense of others.

Great analysis!

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 06:27:23 pm »
WE continue to get crap candidates because WE continue to allow the corrupt bastards to select who we can vote for through the multitude of devices at their command!  Until that stops, expect more of the same!

McConnell and his ilk are trying to undermine Trump because he threatens their ability to control the primaries. We saw some of this with the TEA Party, but the establishment held them off and we obediently voted for their candidate in the general election. We need to end this cycle.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 07:15:02 pm »
Soros has already claimed ownership of the democrat party who often 100% lockstep, with the assistance of many old crony Republicans.  As seen so very often, they hate Donald Trump who has easily shown he puts America and Americans first ,while democrats have openly shown they crap on the aforementioned and lockstep for foreigners and globalist.  Paid leftist stooges are openly defiant of Trump standing in the way of ultra-rich foreign influences.
Mystery here?  Only to the willfully blind manipulated stooges, who worship on their knees to any power they can lick the boots of.
 :smokin: ****slapping :smokin:
 :yowsa:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions