Author Topic: Poll: Economy the Top Issue in Determining How Americans Will Vote in Midterms  (Read 441 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Economy the Top Issue in Determining How Americans Will Vote in Midterms

Hannah Bleau 12 Feb 2022

A majority of Americans say the economy is the top issue in determining how they will vote in the midterm elections, a Redfield & Wilton Strategies survey released this week found.

The survey asked respondents to identify which issues are “most likely to determine” how they will vote in the November 8, 2022, midterm elections, allowing them to choose up to three.

A majority, 57 percent, selected the economy, identifying it as the top issue that will determine how they vote later this year. Just over one-third, 34 percent, said “healthcare,” and 33 percent said the Chinese coronavirus pandemic:

The economy is the most-selected option for both 2020 Joe Biden (56%) and Donald Trump (64%) voters. Other important election issues for Biden voters include healthcare (43%) and the pandemic (42%), while Trump voters are more likely to select immigration (37%) and Government spending (29%).

The poll was taken February 6, 2022, among 1,500 eligible voters.

The survey coincides with America experiencing the worst inflation in 40 years, as consumer prices jump 7.5 percent higher and consumer sentiment drops to a 10-year low.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/12/poll-economy-the-top-issue-in-determining-how-americans-will-vote-in-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No surprise...I even expect higher numbers as the inflation gets worse...people always vote their pocketbooks.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Unfortunately there are too many DCP sheeple that will continually vote DCP no matter what.

Offline bilo

Unfortunately there are too many DCP sheeple that will continually vote DCP no matter what.

If they have a majority why do they need to cheat in elections?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

I'm not worried about how Americans will vote.  I'm worried about how many voterless ballots will vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

If they have a majority why do they need to cheat in elections?
You answered your own question. They don't have a majority but they have enough to make the cheating not look so obvious unlike the 2020 election. No one believes Traitor Joe got 81 million votes especially the DCP that knows better.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 06:33:09 am by Killer Clouds »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah,they say that now,but the people who always vote Dim will continue to vote Dim,and blame it on the Republicans when the Dims don't come through for them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've said this before, and I'll repeat:
It's not about "the economy" any more.

What Carville said back in 1992:
"It's the economy, stupid!"

Fishrrman, 2022:
"It's the ideology, dummy!"

As the nation becomes more and more divided, people are locked into their "ideologies", regardless of how they may stand financially.

And... we had better not hope that the issue is "the economy" in 2022.
Because, after the doldrums of late 2020 and 2021, things are probably going to look better by later this year, inflation or no inflation.

I'll freely admit I could be wrong -- there are unforeseen events coming, in the words of Rumsfeld "the unknown unknowns".

We shall see.

Offline mountaineer

February 14, 2022
Biden’s Popularity is Sinking Like the Titanic
By Brian C. Joondeph
President Job Biden is beginning his second year in office. Just over a year ago when he was elected, or selected, tears of joy flowed in blue cities. Political experts, like Taylor Swift expressed, “Quiet, cautious elation and relief.” ABC News, a major player in the Biden campaign, proclaimed through their own tears of joy, “A new day of hope for America.”

Is the rest of America thrilled that Biden is in the White House? Was such optimism due Biden’s election, or was this just a sense of relief that the tweeting orange man was on his way out the door?  ...

Even his predecessor and teammate for eight years, President Barack Obama, famously noted, “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f**k things up.” As we look at the landscape today, Obama’s words are prophetic.

Domestically we have inflation hitting a 40-year high, which along with rising unemployment, is reminding older Americans of a blast from the past called the misery index, a relic of the Jimmy Carter presidency. Our southern border is wide open to anyone and everyone from around the world, along with rising crime, homelessness, and squalor in American cities.  ...

Meanwhile Biden’s second year as president is off to a horrific start, and in retrospect this may be his high point. Expect a further decline as inflation, crime, and chaos crawl out of the swamp, eager to drag Biden and the rest of the country into a socioeconomic sinkhole. It may take a decade for America to climb out, adding further carnage to a country already beaten down by two years of COVID restrictions which did “more harm than good” and left America in a genuine state of malaise. ...
American Thinker
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Don't worry, Joe is on top of things.

Offline LMAO

From the article….

“Was such optimism due Biden’s election, or was this just a sense of relief that the tweeting orange man was on his way out the door?  ...”

Probably the latter
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Biden's polls: https://civiqs.com/results/approve_president_biden?uncertainty=true&annotations=true&zoomIn=true

Not good. Let's hope it's not good for Dems in November.

Offline bilo

Biden's polls: https://civiqs.com/results/approve_president_biden?uncertainty=true&annotations=true&zoomIn=true

It's an eternity from now to November. People have already forgotten our retreat in Afghanistan. By November the media will have spent months telling the American people how the economy is coming around thanks to Brandon. Redistricting is a big win for the Rats where they should pick up 5-10 seats. Ballot drop boxes have not been eliminated in most key States. The Rats still count the ballots in most key State urban areas.

I hope the Pubs turn it around, but right now I don't see a huge red wave in the vote tally, or Congressional seats. I think the Pubs win the House with a 15-20 seat edge and don't win the Senate. If the House majority is that close conservatives will have a tough time with the "moderate" rino's.

Offline Hoodat

Congrats, @mountaineer .  West Virginia had the highest disapproval of any State (78%)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

By November the media will have spent months telling the American people how the economy is coming around thanks to Brandon.

Of course they’ll try. But they’ll fail. Inflation will get worse along with crime. The media cannot convince people that the economy is great when working and middle class folks are seeing their standard of living decline
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline bilo

Of course they’ll try. But they’ll fail. Inflation will get worse along with crime. The media cannot convince people that the economy is great when working and middle class folks are seeing their standard of living decline

I wish you were right, but recent history says otherwise. A sizeable number of people still believe Trump colluded with Russia to win in 2016 and even more believe Brandon got 81 million votes.

Offline LMAO

I wish you were right, but recent history says otherwise. A sizeable number of people still believe Trump colluded with Russia to win in 2016 and even more believe Brandon got 81 million votes.

What recent history? The Democrats failed to get their blue wave in 2020 and had a horrible night in 2021. And 2022 is going to be worse for them

The media has been telling people how great the economy is all last year and it didn’t work. You can’t tell people they’re not seeing and experiencing what they’re seeing and experiencing

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

It's an eternity from now to November. People have already forgotten our retreat in Afghanistan. By November the media will have spent months telling the American people how the economy is coming around thanks to Brandon. Redistricting is a big win for the Rats where they should pick up 5-10 seats. Ballot drop boxes have not been eliminated in most key States. The Rats still count the ballots in most key State urban areas.

I hope the Pubs turn it around, but right now I don't see a huge red wave in the vote tally, or Congressional seats. I think the Pubs win the House with a 15-20 seat edge and don't win the Senate. If the House majority is that close conservatives will have a tough time with the "moderate" rino's.

Unfortunately, I agree with you.  Pessimism, not optimism, is the order of the day.

Offline bilo

What recent history? The Democrats failed to get their blue wave in 2020 and had a horrible night in 2021. And 2022 is going to be worse for them

The media has been telling people how great the economy is all last year and it didn’t work. You can’t tell people they’re not seeing and experiencing what they’re seeing and experiencing

Yes 2021 was a tough year for the Rats, but 2020 was a great victory for them. They got Trump out of office. They were able to successfully run a false flag operation on 1/6 and keep the civil war in the Pub party going.

I agree that the economy is going to get worse and people are going to know it. The media though is very good at gaslighting and the deep state is very good at manipulating statistics. Also, don't forget the Rats have established a very good vote fraud system. They probably can't manipulate every toss up Congressional seat, but they sure can manipulate Senate elections.

Offline Kamaji

Yes 2021 was a tough year for the Rats, but 2020 was a great victory for them. They got Trump out of office. They were able to successfully run a false flag operation on 1/6 and keep the civil war in the Pub party going.

I agree that the economy is going to get worse and people are going to know it. The media though is very good at gaslighting and the deep state is very good at manipulating statistics. Also, don't forget the Rats have established a very good vote fraud system. They probably can't manipulate every toss up Congressional seat, but they sure can manipulate Senate elections.

:thumbsup: