Author Topic: They Never Stop: 'Leading Scientists' Warn New COVID Variants Could Cause 'Far Higher Number of Deat  (Read 386 times)

Offline Hoodat

They Never Stop: 'Leading Scientists' [sic] Warn New COVID Variants Could Cause 'Far Higher Number of Deaths'

Mike Miller  |  Feb 13, 2022  |  3:15 PM ET

In this episode of “The Neverending Story: COVID-Style”…

“Shockingly,” as fears of the rational among us continue to subside over the yuugely-overhyped Omicron variant — not that we were all that fearful in the first place — “leading UK scientists” are now warning that new COVID strains could be “much more dangerous and cause far higher numbers of deaths and cases of serious illness than Omicron.” Joe Biden was last seen furiously nodding in agreement.

Yep, as Prime Minister Boris Johnson prepares to lift the final COVID restrictions in England, next week, as reported by The Guardian, “leading UK scientists” are (no doubt frantically) once again ringing the never-ending COVID alarm bells about crap that hasn’t even happened.  .  .  .

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/02/13/they-never-stop-leading-scientists-warn-new-covid-variants-could-cause-far-higher-number-of-deaths-n521637
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The bull never stops.  How many times has a virus not weakened with every new variant (in modern history).  If there was one it would be very unique and not something to worry about. 

Science has shown that mutations that make a virus more deadly may not give the virus an opportunity to spread efficiently. If we get too sick or die quickly from a particular virus, the virus has less opportunity to infect others.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bilo

“leading UK scientists” are now warning that new COVID strains could be “much more dangerous and cause far higher numbers of deaths and cases of serious illness than Omicron.” Joe Biden was last seen furiously nodding in agreement.

I suffered through about a 2 week period with the China Virus. I couldn't get monoclonal antibodies when my doctor prescribed them because the Biden admn had cornered the market and none were available. It was miserable. I ended up losing about 15 lbs. and it's taken a month to get my stamina back.

I am not vaccinated because of how the vaccines were created.

The great thing though was this event drew me even closer to Jesus. I realized I really would be willing to go through it again and even die before taking one of those vaccines.

So I say so what.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Hoodat

The great thing though was this event drew me even closer to Jesus.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

:amen:

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What? No space rocks to have a conniption over?

Is this all you got?

Meh.

No wonder they're trying to start WWIII.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online The_Reader_David

So who are these "leading scientists" who don't seem to understand one of the basic applications of evolutionary biology to pathogens?  Both greater contagion and lower virulence are adaptive for pathogens, which is why omicron -- more contagious and less virulent than previous variants -- is the dominant variant now.  They purport to believe that more virulent, and thus less adaptively fit, variants will somehow displace it, and would have us believe this as the basis for continued panic.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online mountaineer

These so-called scientists should be taught the story of Chicken Little or The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Clearly, their childhood education was deficient.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And it's not so much just evolving to become less virulent, it's that after the repeated infections, the body learns to handle them.

No matter how much the coronavirus evolves, fundamentally, it's still a coronavirus. There's a limit to how much it can change—it is still mostly recognizable to the immune system. The smartest thing we did with Omicron was to let it burn through and infect as many people at once as it could. That built the kind of firewall we'll need to knock down any future variants.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

This is pure garbage.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Panic! Everybody panic!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online roamer_1

The bull never stops.  How many times has a virus not weakened with every new variant (in modern history).  If there was one it would be very unique and not something to worry about. 

Science has shown that mutations that make a virus more deadly may not give the virus an opportunity to spread efficiently. If we get too sick or die quickly from a particular virus, the virus has less opportunity to infect others.

A word of warning: It is INDEED possible for a more deadly variant to arrive - It is just vanishingly unlikely that it should arrive naturally.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Because that possibility does exist.