Author Topic: Nearly 24 million taxpayers are still waiting for their tax refunds from LAST year - more than DOUBL  (Read 435 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nearly 24 million taxpayers are still waiting for their tax refunds from LAST year - more than DOUBLE the backlog the IRS previously admitted - putting huge strain on this year's filing season

Decades of underfunding and understaffing, plus the pandemic have hobbled federal tax collectors
    Taxpayers expecting a tax return may have to wait as long as a year to get their money
    Taxpayer Advocate Erin Collins recommended suspending penalties for taxpayers until the agency could right their ship
    The Biden administration has promised to spend $80 billion over the next 10 years hiring auditors and inspectors

By Janon Fisher For Dailymail.Com

Published: 22:54 EST, 12 February 2022 | Updated: 03:29 EST, 13 February 2022

Taxpayers hoping to treat themselves this year with their tax refund money may have to wait till next year for their reward after the IRS revealed its processing backlog is more than twice as big as it previously reported.

The Internal Revenue Service is still struggling to process close to 24 million tax return filings from last year, according to a report by the Washington Post.

That's more than twice as much as the 11.4 million unprocessed business and individual returns that the tax agency reported in mid-December 2021.

The bureaucratic snarl threatens to delay many tax refunds for 10 months or more.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10506995/Nearly-24-million-taxpayers-waiting-tax-returns-2021-straining-years-filings.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Remote working is not working for the IRS.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I never have to worry about my refund, cause I owe them money every year.