Author Topic: Biden Administration Urges Court Not to Allow Release of ‘Secret Report’ on Dominion Voting Machines  (Read 833 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Epoch Times by Zachary Stieber February 12, 2022

Biden Administration Urges Court Not to Allow Release of ‘Secret Report’ on Dominion Voting Machines

Top officials at a U.S. federal cybersecurity agency are urging a judge not to authorize at this time the release of a report that analyzes Dominion Voting Systems equipment in Georgia, arguing doing so could assist hackers trying to “undermine election security.”

The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) was recently provided an unredacted copy of the report, which was prepared by J. Alex Halderman, director of the University of Michigan Center for Computer Security and Society.

The report discusses “potential vulnerabilities in Dominion ImageCast X ballot marking devices,” or electronic voting devices, according to the government.

While CISA supports public disclosure of any vulnerabilities and associated mitigation measures with election equipment, allowing the release of the report at this point “increases the risk that malicious actors may be able to exploit any vulnerabilities and threaten election security,” government lawyers said in a Feb. 10 filing in the case.

More: https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-administration-urges-court-not-to-allow-release-of-secret-report-on-dominion-voting-machines_4273710.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=CFP

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm sure old out to lunchbox Joe and the democrats don't want this report released ever, why a biased report like this might make Americans doubt the results of bogus vote counts.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

What are they so afraid of?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What are they so afraid of?

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

YOU know damned well what they are afraid of!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

YOU know damned well what they are afraid of!

Yes; sometimes I just cannot resist the siren call of the unasked rhetorical question!

Offline MajorClay

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nothing like that good ol' transparency, is there?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Just a reminder:  This was published in the AJC eleven days BEFORE the election

In high-stakes election, Georgia’s voting system vulnerable to cyberattack

Alan Judd, The AJC  |  Oct 23, 2020

Headed into one of the most consequential elections in the state’s history, Georgia’s new electronic voting system is vulnerable to cyberattacks that could undermine public confidence, create chaos at the polls or even manipulate the results on Election Day.

Computer scientists, voting-rights activists, U.S. intelligence agencies and a federal judge have repeatedly warned of security deficiencies in Georgia’s system and in electronic voting in general. But state officials have dismissed their concerns as merely “opining on potential risks."

Instead, an investigation by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution shows, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger’s office weakened the system’s defenses, disabling password protections on a key component that controls who is allowed to vote.

In addition, days before early voting began on Oct. 12, Raffensperger’s office pushed out new software to each of the state’s 30,000 voting machines through hundreds of thumb drives that experts say are prone to infection with malware.

And what state officials describe as a feature of the new system actually masks a vulnerability.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/in-high-stakes-election-georgias-voting-system-vulnerable-to-cyberattack/TBFT5U5BH5AZZPFPZTP3LFQ7RY/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-