Author Topic: ‘Damn, It’s That Cow Again.’ — The Border Patrol and Technology  (Read 130 times)

rangerrebew

‘Damn, It’s That Cow Again.’ — The Border Patrol and Technology
Drones, tunnels, and mechanical dogs
By David North on February 10, 2022

Some decades ago I was doing some research at the U.S.-Mexico Border. It was nightfall and I was at some sector headquarters watching the Border Patrol agents watch their then fairly new systems of sensors that were designed to help them detect illicit northward movements of human beings.

“Damn, it’s that cow again,” one of the agents said as he watched the readouts for one particular section of the border.

“How can you tell?” I asked.

He explained that an incoming illegal alien would set off an alarm right at the border, then another maybe 100 yards further north, and then another one, all on a logical path into the interior, and all at a timing that would suggest a person walking.

He was looking at the middle of a set of three alarms, and someone, or rather something, kept setting it off without the tell-tale similar signal from the next sensor. He suspected, based on past experience, that it was a grazing cow. I am sure he was right.

https://cis.org/North/Damn-Its-Cow-Again-Border-Patrol-and-Technology
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 06:31:05 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: ‘Damn, It’s That Cow Again.’ — The Border Patrol and Technology
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 06:33:17 pm »
Of what possible value is this expenditure's waste of money since illegals will just be released anyway? :shrug:  It's to trick people into believing our borders aren't wide open, that's value.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 06:34:48 pm by rangerrebew »