Author Topic: Hirono on Inflation: Companies ‘Could Give Up’ Some ‘Unearned Profits’ to Help, GOP Hasn’t Done Anyt  (Read 491 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hirono on Inflation: Companies ‘Could Give Up’ Some ‘Unearned Profits’ to Help, GOP Hasn’t Done Anything

Ian Hanchett 11 Feb 2022

On Friday’s “CNN Newsroom,” Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) argued that inflation is due to the pandemic and supply chain issues, “none of which the Republicans choose to do anything about except to blame Joe Biden.” And that companies “could give up some of their unearned profits to help the American people.”

Host Ana Cabrera asked, “Americans aren’t happy with the economy right now. I don’t need to tell you that. But they’re blaming Democrats. If things like inflation are still high come November, how do you argue to keep Democrats in the majority?”

Hirono responded, “Well, for one thing, it’s the Democrats that voted for the rescue plan without a single Republican vote that enabled millions of people to get vaccinated, that put a lot of money to schools to reopen safely. So, obviously, we have not gotten that message across enough, and also why Build Back Better is so important to continue to lower costs for Americans in terms of prescription drugs, child care, and all of those things, all without, again, a single Republican vote. Inflation is very much a result of the pandemic and disruptions to the supply chain, none of which the Republicans choose to do anything about except to blame Joe Biden. So, meanwhile, though, you know, Ana, that companies are making record profits at a time when people are having a hard time paying for these higher costs. So, they could give up some of their unearned profits to help the American people. That’s my view.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/11/hirono-on-inflation-companies-could-give-up-some-unearned-profits-to-help-gop-hasnt-done-anything/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sorry POS.Why doesn't she offer up some of her own salary and perks like the free jet trips to her Hawaii home?

She and her sorry Dems caused the carnage and now want to take more flesh off the backs of companies that are barely making it through her Covid lockdowns?

Like stabbing a guy in the back multiple times then stomping his head after he fell down from the injuries.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 01:52:15 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline cato potatoe

I swear these Democrats must have slept through the 20th century.

Online roamer_1

'Unearned profits' forgets that those corporations are being paid in those same inflated dollars.

If they are making a 10-20% extra in profit, they are basically breaking even - their profit being the same as before the inflation...

Offline Hoodat

Speaking of unearned profits, what is the corporate tax rate these days?  40%?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

The deep ignorance on basic economics  by those who make laws that affect the rest of us is shockingly depressing and stunning
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Offline Killer Clouds

Saying Hirono is as dumb as a box of rocks would be insulting to a box of rocks. The only people that are dumber than her are the people that keep electing her.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Saying Hirono is as dumb as a box of rocks would be insulting to a box of rocks. The only people that are dumber than her are the people that keep electing her.

Crazie Masie strikes again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
'Unearned profits' forgets that those corporations are being paid in those same inflated dollars.

If they are making a 10-20% extra in profit, they are basically breaking even - their profit being the same as before the inflation...
:beer: 888high58888

Exactly. You beat me to it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
You first dipstick!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

She's got two brain cells left, and they're waving "good-bye" to each other.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Clouds rained down on us with:
"Saying Hirono is as dumb as a box of rocks would be insulting to a box of rocks. The only people that are dumber than her are the people that keep electing her."

... Which is why I'd be very happy to see Hawaii become an independent nation again, no longer part of the United States.

Except for Pearl Harbor and the surrounding area, which we will of course keep.
Nothing else there is worth retaining.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
She's got two brain cells left, and they're waving "good-bye" to each other.
Every time she opens her mouth and lets the stupid out I wonder, isn't there a volcano somewhere in Hawaii that needs a sacrifice?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 02:47:58 am by GtHawk »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just one more reason that people who run for Congress should have had at least one real job before being eligible.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just one more reason that people who run for Congress should have had at least one real job before being eligible.

Other than as a bartender.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

That may not always make a difference. Look at AOC.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy