Author Topic: John Kerry family private jet emitted estimated 116 metric tons of carbon over past year  (Read 100 times)

rangerrebew

John Kerry family private jet emitted estimated 116 metric tons of carbon over past year
The typical passenger vehicle emits about 4.6 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year
By Sam Dorman | Fox News

FAA records indicate Biden climate czar John Kerry still owner of private jet

John Kerry, special presidential envoy for climate, called out for family's private jet while stressing the need for America to act on carbon emissions. Reaction from Fox News contributor Joe Concha.
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Data compiled by the flight tracking firm FlightAware and obtained by Fox News show that John Kerry's family Gulfstream GIV-SP spent around 22 hours and 22 minutes in the air over the past year.

Using Paramount Business Jets emissions calculator, Fox News found that Kerry's planed accumulated an estimated 116 metric tons of carbon between trips dating from Feb. 9, 2020, to Jan. 10, 2021.

For comparison, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that the typical passenger vehicle emits about 4.6 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year. That calculation assumed a car that drives around 11,500 miles per year with a fuel economy of about 22.0 miles per gallon.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-kerry-family-private-jet-emissions
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 05:48:59 pm by rangerrebew »

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.