Author Topic: Ted Cruz breaks with Mitch McConnell and says it's a 'mistake' for Republicans to call January 6 an  (Read 399 times)

Offline corbe

Ted Cruz breaks with Mitch McConnell and says it's a 'mistake' for Republicans to call January 6 an 'insurrection'

oseddiq@insider.com (Oma Seddiq) - 4h ago

"It is a mistake for Republicans to repeat the political propaganda," he told CNN's Ted Barrett.

Cruz previously called the Capitol riot a "terrorist attack" but has since rejected that language.

Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday criticized his Republican colleagues who have called the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot an "insurrection," a day after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell described the attack as a "violent insurrection."

"I think it is a mistake for Republicans to repeat the political propaganda of Democrats and the corporate media," the Texas Republican told CNN's Ted Barrett.

The senator also pushed back on the phrase "armed insurrection" being used by Republican leadership to describe the attack, CBS News' Scott MacFarlane said.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ted-cruz-breaks-with-mitch-mcconnell-and-says-it-s-a-mistake-for-republicans-to-call-january-6-an-insurrection/ar-AATFyVO?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

I'm on the Official MTCTPA Committee (Make Ted Cruz Threads Popular Again) and now that LA is gone my job just became a lot easier.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

I'm on the Official MTCTPA Committee (Make Ted Cruz Threads Popular Again) and now that LA is gone my job just became a lot easier.

Who is LA?

Cruz does have the ability to see when he makes a mistake. Calling the protestors "terrorists" was a big one, but he obviously sees it and is on the right side of this now.

From my perspective those people that are still incarcerated are now political prisoners. Those that trespassed should have been given 40 hrs community service and a small fine. Those that did damage should have had to pay restitution and been given 100 hrs of community service. People should not have been locked up for close to a year BEFORE EVEN HAVING A TRIAL.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

She’s gone? For good or just in a time-out?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline corbe

Who is LA?

Legal American, @bilo Ted Cruz Threads proved to be her Kryptonite.

Offline corbe

She’s gone? For good or just in a time-out?

I'd guess that's up to Management @debrawiest but she's been gone a long time.
   H3ll, even I'm starting to miss her /not.

Online roamer_1

LA rode the lightning? Or is she just wandered off?

Online Hoodat

Apparently, she was on double-secret probation, but decided to hold a Roman toga party.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

Legal American, @bilo Ted Cruz Threads proved to be her Kryptonite.

Thanks

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I thought you had the hots for her.  Or was it the trots?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Okay Senator Cruz..  was this a flip or flop?

Kind of hard to "Un-say" what has already been said. 

I'll be a strong supporter in your existing job, but any aspirations of yours above that? 

No thank you...   We've got a strong stable of '24 POTUS candidates now....   Trump, DeSantis, Cotton, and Hawley
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Now, the real GOP Civil War has begun.

Pence, McConnell vs Cruz, Trump
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I thought you had the hots for her.  Or was it the trots?

That woman was insane....   She'd be a perfect match for Corbe'.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The Cap-Lock Queen would say you are just "Envious"

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
The Cap-Lock Queen would say you are just "Envious"

Kind of like AOC, but from the other side.    :cool:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Okay Senator Cruz..  was this a flip or flop?

Kind of hard to "Un-say" what has already been said. 

I'll be a strong supporter in your existing job, but any aspirations of yours above that? 

No thank you...   We've got a strong stable of '24 POTUS candidates now....   Trump, DeSantis, Cotton, and Hawley

@catfish1957

I think the chances of Cruz running for President are close to an absolute zero.

I have zero proof of this,but I SUSPECT someone has a truck full of serious dirt on him they would expose if he tries to go any higher elected office.

Might even keep him off the SC.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

I have no choice but to speak up,here. I agreed with her on a lot of issues. Yeah,she was extreme in some cases,but I excuse that because she is a fairly new American with a lot of "history baggage" to sort through from her original home nation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I think the chances of Cruz running for President are close to an absolute zero.

I have zero proof of this,but I SUSPECT someone has a truck full of serious dirt on him they would expose if he tries to go any higher elected office.

Might even keep him off the SC.

Even before his silly gaffe around J6, he took a huge PR hit running off to Cancun , while over 2 million  Texans were in the dark in the freeze a few years ago. If I had to bet, I'd say he's done.  But...  who knows.

Online Wingnut

Kind of like AOC, but from the other side.    :cool:

Nice!   :patriot:

Offline berdie

Even before his silly gaffe around J6, he took a huge PR hit running off to Cancun , while over 2 million  Texans were in the dark in the freeze a few years ago. If I had to bet, I'd say he's done.  But...  who knows.

Had I been able to get to Cancun during that mess last year...you darn skippy I would have.

I have no problem with him going. What was he supposed to do? Even if here he wouldn't have been in the same situation as his constituents.