Author Topic: Dave Chappelle forces Ohio village to scrap unpopular affordable housing plan: ‘I am not bluffing’  (Read 310 times)

Online mountaineer

Dave Chappelle forces Ohio village to scrap unpopular affordable housing plan: ‘I am not bluffing’
February 10, 2022
 Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
Yellow Springs, Ohio has voted no on a self-described affordable housing plan after Comedian Dave Chappelle threatened to pull his investments and business ventures over it and other residents railed against the proposal during a public hearing on Monday night.

Chappelle is adamantly opposed to the housing plan according to the Dayton Daily News. He appeared in person at the meeting to make his views known and passionately spoke out against the move.

“I don’t know why the council would be afraid of litigation from a $24 million-a-year company while it’s out a $65 million-a-year company. I cannot believe you would make me audition for you. You look like clowns,” Chappelle angrily remarked from the podium. “I am not bluffing. I will take it all off the table.” He then thanked the council and walked away from the microphone. Chappelle has allegedly not given his reasons for opposing the plan.

Yellow Springs is the planned site of the entertainer’s restaurant, Firehouse Eatery, and comedy club, Live from YS. Both are under development in an old village firehouse, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported last year. Chappelle’s company, Iron Table Holdings LLC, bought the former Miami Twp. fire station at 225 Corry St. in December. ...
Story at BizPacReview
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji