Author Topic: Homeless crisis so bad in San Fran area that families are being urged to take in people from the str  (Read 1016 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Homeless crisis so bad in San Fran area that families are being urged to take in people from the street
February 9, 2022 | Joshua Nybo

As San Francisco makes the news for its ever-worsening problems, some locals are taking steps through charities and placement agencies to shelter the homeless within their own residences. The city has now seized on this idea with its own variant.

As all of San Francisco’s problems seem to be on a non-stop increase, it’s no surprise that homelessness has spiked as well. The number of homeless is currently believed to be 8,000, which is a jump up from the 5,600 estimated homeless ten years ago. The city’s solution has been to ask local residents to take the homeless into their spare rooms with little to no compensation, as an act of charity, according to The Mercury News.

Various charities have long side advocated for people to personally help as best they can. Safe Time is an East Bay nonprofit charity that tries to match up homeless families and students in spare rooms for a few months, typically between one and six. Its executive director, Christi Carpenter, spoke of their mission to the Mercury News:

“This is something that someone can do when they just feel that despair of ‘oh my gosh, I just can’t stand seeing these poor people on the streets near my home,” she said.

Mayor Tom Butt of Richmond, which is located about 20 miles away from San Francisco in the county of Contra Costa, has also set up a program that seeks to place homeless people with local landlords who have vacant apartments. The program’s funding comes from private donations, not taxpayers, and tries to pay for one year’s rent up front, and asks landlords to waive the usual background checks for credit and employment.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/09/homeless-crisis-so-bad-in-san-fran-area-that-families-are-being-urged-to-take-in-people-from-the-street-1198987/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is a GREAT idea! Why wait to be raped, robbed, and murdered? Just invite them in and and get it over with.
Also, if they are busted with significant amounts of drugs, or begin selling drugs from you home, you are liable and your home is forfeit. As I said, great idea. Just wait until they bring a dozen or so of their street friends to live with them and get your son/daughter hooked on crack and heroin.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Online Hoodat

So how many are the Pelosis taking in?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is a GREAT idea! Why wait to be raped, robbed, and murdered? Just invite them in and and get it over with.
Also, if they are busted with significant amounts of drugs, or begin selling drugs from you home, you are liable and your home is forfeit. As I said, great idea. Just wait until they bring a dozen or so of their street friends to live with them and get your son/daughter hooked on crack and heroin.

I agree with every point.  goopo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hey, What could go wrong?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Homeless crisis so bad in San Fran area that families are being urged to take in people from the street

Yeah,that sounds like a good plan to me.

Make sure you let us know how well it works,ok?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!