Author Topic: Fauci: US exiting 'full-blown' pandemic phase of coronavirus crisis  (Read 371 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci: US exiting 'full-blown' pandemic phase of coronavirus crisis
By Chloe Folmar - 02/09/22 09:55 AM EST

The U.S. is exiting the “full-blown” pandemic phase of the years-long COVID-19 crisis that began in 2020, the Biden administration’s chief medical adviser Anthony Fauci told the Financial Times on Tuesday.

Fauci, who is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that new developments that limit COVID-19, including vaccinations, medical treatments and prior infection, will alter the pandemic situation significantly in the coming months.

“As we get out of the full-blown pandemic phase of COVID-19,” Fauci said to the Times. “Which we are certainly heading out of, these decisions will increasingly be made on a local level rather than centrally decided or mandated. There will also be more people making their own decisions on how they want to deal with the virus.”

Fauci said that he hopes all COVID-19 restrictions will be halted in the coming months as well, citing mandatory mask-wearing as one of the restrictions he expects to end. He agreed that restrictions might end in 2022.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/593456-fauci-us-exiting-full-blown-pandemic-phase-of-coronavirus-crisis
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 07:07:34 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Fauci: US exiting 'full-blown' pandemic phase of coronavirus crisis
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 07:04:18 pm »
Flip, flop; flip, flop; .....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 07:07:54 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Fauci: US exiting 'full-blown' pandemic phase of coronavirus crisis
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 07:25:38 pm »
wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago he said that we're in phase 1 of the 5 phases or some such BS?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 07:27:41 pm »
Someone forgot to tell the 2,500 Americans dying of Covid daily.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_coronavirus_deaths_per_day

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/tech_notes.htm

Coronavirus disease deaths are identified using the ICD–10 code U07.1. Deaths are coded to U07.1 when coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 are reported as a cause that contributed to death on the death certificate. These can include laboratory confirmed cases, as well as cases without laboratory confirmation. If the certifier suspects COVID-19 or determines it was likely (e.g., the circumstances were compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), they can report COVID-19 as “probable” or “presumed” on the death certificate (5, 6). COVID-19 is listed as the underlying cause on the death certificate in 92% of deaths (see Table 1).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 08:55:22 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 07:34:14 pm »
wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago he said that we're in phase 1 of the 5 phases or some such BS?
That's exactly what he said. We're supposed to forget that. GAWD has spoken.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 07:41:22 pm »
Someone forgot to tell the 2,500 people who are dying daily.

In 2015, a total of 2,712,630 deaths were reported in the United States.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29235985/

I did the math and determined the daily death rate in the United States for 2015 was 7432 So what's the big deal?
  @DefiantMassRINO
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 07:42:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2022, 07:48:45 pm »
It is a sign of extreme disconnected arrogance that this corrupt China's little wormy troll still thinks that people care about what he says. A few extremist purple hair communists might still hang on to Fauci's COVID religion, but most Americans view him as a manifestation of Satan.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 07:59:17 pm »
Someone forgot to tell the 2,500 people who are dying of Covid daily.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_coronavirus_deaths_per_day
"of" or "with"?
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.