Author Topic: Anything for a Headline: ‘Climate Change is Altering the Smell of Snow’  (Read 180 times)

rangerrebew

Anything for a Headline: ‘Climate Change is Altering the Smell of Snow’
By
Anthony Watts -
February 9, 2022 0

Here at Climate Realism, we’ve seen all sorts of media claims about climate change. Some are doomsday scenarios, others claim your favorite holiday food will be threatened, while others try to link nearly every weather event to their view of “climate change.” Some, like the one in a recent story in The Washington Post, are just outlandish claims with no basis in measurable reality that can be proved or disproved with a modicum of factual research.

A recent story The Washington Post story, titled, “Climate change is altering the smell of snow,” claims  snow now smells bad due to climate change.

Yes, you read that right.

The article makes some claims that could easily be described as silly. For example:

Climate change is affecting the way snow smells, said Parisa A. Ariya, a chemist and chair of the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Department at McGill University. As the ground and air get warmer, that encourages the circulation — and intensity — of the odor molecules.

https://climaterealism.com/2022/02/anything-for-a-headline-climate-change-is-altering-the-smell-of-snow/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 04:29:47 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

These "scientists" have got to stop smelling the "yellow" snow! :silly:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The sooty grey snow smells like car exhaust.  Could Global Climate Change be to blame?

Also, dog poop no longer turns white.  Could this also be Global Climate Change?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 05:14:49 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
These "scientists" have got to stop smelling the "yellow" snow! :silly:

Yep, they forgot to get Frank Zappa's take on it. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.