Author Topic: Governors in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey and Oregon announce plans to end school mask mandates  (Read 236 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Governors in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey and Oregon announce plans to end school mask mandates as COVID cases plummet

The decisions in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey and Oregon were announced Monday
    Changes come amid a growing sense that the virus is never going to go away and Americans need to find a way to coexist with it
     New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy called the move 'a huge step back to normalcy for our kids'
    Murphy cited the 'dramatic decline in our COVID numbers' in announcing the rollback
    The omicron variant fueled a spike in infections over the holidays, but cases in the state are down 50% and hospitalizations dropped off by one-third since last week

By Associated Press

Published: 12:13 EST, 7 February 2022 | Updated: 07:57 EST, 8 February 2022

The governors of four states announced plans Monday to lift statewide mask requirements in schools by the end of February or March, citing the rapid easing of COVID-19´s omicron surge.

The decisions in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey and Oregon were announced as state and local governments grapple with which virus restrictions to jettison and which ones to keep in place. The changes also come amid a growing sense that the virus is never going to go away and Americans need to find a way to coexist with it.

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy called the move 'a huge step back to normalcy for our kids' and said individual school districts will be free to continue requiring masks after the state mandate ends March 7.

Meanwhile, California announced plans to end its indoor masking requirement for vaccinated people next week, but masks will still be the rule for schoolchildren in the nation's most populous state.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10486091/Governor-ending-New-Jerseys-school-mask-mandate.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Is 'the science' no longer science?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

It never was; it was always politics.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Hochul is still bitterly clinging to the myth.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

The Democrats are looking at a very bloody midterm. So they’re eager to take whatever issues they can off the table
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy