Author Topic: Macron: Putin told him Russia won’t escalate Ukraine crisis  (Read 213 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Macron: Putin told him Russia won’t escalate Ukraine crisis
« on: February 08, 2022, 07:09:06 pm »
Macron: Putin told him Russia won’t escalate Ukraine crisis
Associated Press, Feb 8, 2022

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron said Tuesday that Russian President Vladimir Putin told him that Moscow would not further escalate the Ukraine crisis.

Macron also said it would take time to find a diplomatic solution to the rising tensions, which represent the biggest security crisis between Russia and the West since the Cold War.

His remarks on a visit to Kyiv came as the Kremlin denied reports that he and Putin struck a deal on de-escalating the crisis. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that “in the current situation, Moscow and Paris can’t be reaching any deals.”
Macron met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy amid mounting fears of a Russian invasion. Moscow has massed over 100,000 troops near Ukraine’s borders, but insists it has no plans to attack.

The Kremlin wants guarantees from the West that NATO will not accept Ukraine and other former Soviet nations as members, that it halt weapon deployments there and roll back its forces from Eastern Europe — demands the U.S. and NATO reject as nonstarters.

At a news conference after meeting Zelenskyy, Macron said Putin told him during their more than five-hour session Monday that “he won’t be initiating an escalation. I think it is important.”

According to the French president, Putin also said there won’t be any Russian “permanent (military) base” or “deployment” in Belarus, where Russia had sent a large number of troops for war games.

Peskov said withdrawing Russian troops from Belarus after the maneuvers was the plan all along.

More:  https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-russia-diplomacy-emmanuel-macron-europe-9dd7eb560d26a81306604dcb1c81bddb

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Macron: Putin told him Russia won’t escalate Ukraine crisis
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 07:09:46 pm »
Does anyone know what's going on?? 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 07:24:02 pm »
Russia won’t escalate Ukraine crisis.

A false flag operation in Ukraine will create the appearance that Ukraine escalated the crisis, and Russia will respond to defend itself from Ukrainian / Western / NATO aggression.

Whether or not Putin made promises to Macron, Putin will deny any agreement to maintain greater leverage for squeezing concessions from Ukraine / West / NATO, at best.

Ukraine needs to request UN observers, peacekeepers, and humanitarian workers to Ukraine to blunt any false Russian accusations that Putin will claim to justify intervening in Ukraine.

Of course, Putin could just claim Ukraine is not a sovereign independent nation, but a rogue, breakaway Russian province hijacked by terrorists.

Putin doesn't need truth to move militarily or asymmertically against Ukraine.  He just needs to execute his plan before the West / NATO resolve internal disagreements and ambiguities.

First one to Kiev wins.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 07:35:10 pm »
I'm more worried about America doing something stupid to get the war started than I am worried about Putin.
Putin and his military staff are sane reasonable people. On the other hand, American leadership is insane and unreasonable. There is no way to guess what disasters they may cause in the future, including a war somewhere with somebody.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 10:36:11 pm »
I'm more worried about America doing something stupid to get the war started than I am worried about Putin.
Putin and his military staff are sane reasonable people. On the other hand, American leadership is insane and unreasonable. There is no way to guess what disasters they may cause in the future, including a war somewhere with somebody.
Maybe this is all about Putin further driving up oil and making Biden look like a warmongering fool?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 11:07:51 pm »
Maybe this is all about Putin further driving up oil and making Biden look like a warmongering fool?
It's working. On both counts.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.