Author Topic: Rod Dreher: A Time Of Judgment  (Read 64 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rod Dreher: A Time Of Judgment
« on: February 08, 2022, 05:08:01 pm »
A Time Of Judgment

By Rod Dreher
February 8, 2022

From a Washington Post story about pro-abortion/pro-choice religious leaders:

When the Rev. Kaeley McEvoy began at Westmoreland Congregational in 2018 she faced a question: Should she tell her new congregation she’d recently had an abortion?

McEvoy was already a reproductive rights advocate, and to her the experience wasn’t in conflict with her faith. When the pastor and her then-boyfriend learned in 2016 that she was pregnant, the first place they went was to a cathedral, to pray — and to call doctors’ offices in search of one to do the abortion. Other visitors to the cathedral happened to try to enter the small chapel where McEvoy was on the phone, but her boyfriend turned them away, she remembers, saying “something holy is happening here.”

My God.

McEvoy eventually worked up the courage to tell her congregation about her abortion:

In November, McEvoy, a 29-year-old with a melodic preaching cadence, took the high, white pulpit at Westmoreland and said she had “never felt more known and heard and loved by God than when I entered the doors of a Planned Parenthood.” Then last month she addressed a group of Christian abortion access activists meeting in a D.C. church: “Something holy is happening here, friends.”

So: the lady Christian pastor was sleeping with her boyfriend got pregnant, had an abortion, and publicly calls it sacramental.

This is demonic, flat out. A reader of this blog wrote to me to say that if she said in public that she had thrown a sack of puppies into the river, this pastor might well have been leading the pitchfork-bearing mob to her house. But this woman — a Christian pastor! — conceives a child in an out-of-wedlock affair with a man, consents to the child’s murder, calls it “holy,” and proclaims it in the pages of the Washington Post. I hope she repents before it is too late for her soul. But you know, this kind of thing is so clarifying. So clarifying. This is a story about the state of Christianity in the West, in 2021.

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/church-a-time-of-judgment-abortion-lgbt-sexuality/