Author Topic: Mom Arrested for no Chin Diaper says ‘Tyranny Stops Now’  (Read 79 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Mom Arrested for no Chin Diaper says ‘Tyranny Stops Now’
« on: February 08, 2022, 12:57:46 pm »
Tulis Report by David Tulis February 4, 2022

Forty protesters waving American flags and placards condemn an X-Ray clinic for having a mother of five arrested for insisting she can’t wear a chin diaper and for refusing to leave because of an appointment to check for suspected cancer.

Jessica Hedgcock is confined three hours at the Bradley County jail and hasn’t gotten clear of the building before protesters begin gathering at a doctor professional building in the Southeast Tennessee city of 46,000 just north of Chattanooga. In blasting Cleveland Imaging, near the city’s Tennova hospital, they rally at a major intersection for more than 90 minutes, with many children present hollering and flapping flags about.

A group of homeschooling moms had just finished a Bible study when they heard of Mrs. Hedgcock’s arrest. Gail Greene and others piled into vans and cars in a spontaneous plan to protest the arrest.

Bo Guffey, the operations manager at Cleveland Imaging, initiated the criminal proceedings by calling Cleveland city police. Mr. Guffey refused to answer a reporter’s questions by phone, and also at the door of the center as he sought to shoo away four protesting moms, one with a sign.

Mrs. Hedgecock is charged with criminal trespass and faces a magistrate Monday morning at 8:30 at 2290 Blythe Ave. for a probable cause hearing. The family has no attorney, and Mrs. Hedgcock plans to handle the matter herself after consulting with others over the weekend.

Freed despite refusals

Sheriff Steve Lawson, exercising discretion as caretaker of the courts and the jail, ordered her released, Mrs. Hedgcock says, on her own recognizance without even so much as a signature.

Mrs. Hedgcock is persistent as regards her due process rights. “I refused to sign any documents, saying that I would appear in court. I refused to sign my fingerprints. I did nothing wrong. I am not a criminal. I went to go to get medical care.” She says she told the jailers that if she has to stay in jail all weekend to make her point, she would gladly do it. “I am defending my kids’ freedom,and that’s why I’m here,” she says she told the people at the jail.

More: https://tntrafficticket.us/2022/02/mom-arrested-for-no-chin-diaper-says-tyranny-stops-now/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Mom Arrested for no Chin Diaper says ‘Tyranny Stops Now’
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 01:01:10 pm »
Good for her!