General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

Vernon Jones Drops Out of Georgia Governor’s Race, Endorses David Perdue

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Vernon Jones Drops Out of Georgia Governor’s Race, Endorses David Perdue

Ashley Oliver 7 Feb 2022

Former Georgia Rep. Vernon Jones announced on Monday he is no longer running for governor and will instead run for U.S. Congress in the Peach State in a district to be determined.

Jones, a former Democrat who switched parties and became a Republican in 2021, said he plans to support former Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) in the governor’s race moving forward, calling Perdue “a good man who loves our state and loves our Country.”

“After much prayer & consideration I have decided that I can best serve the people of Georgia in the Congress of the United States,” Jones wrote in a statement Monday.

“I believe that strong conservative voices need to be heard as we lead America into the future,” Jones continued. “Because of this decision I am officially withdrawing my candidacy for Governor effective today and will be supporting David Perdue for Governor.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/07/vernon-jones-drops-georgia-governors-race-endorses-david-perdue/

Hoodat:
Waiting to see which district Jones decides to run in.  But the State GOP still has not finalized the new district map, and primary voting begins on March 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version