Author Topic: Antifa almost killed me — but I won’t stop reporting their dangerous deeds  (Read 68 times)

Offline Kamaji

Antifa almost killed me — but I won’t stop reporting their dangerous deeds

By Andy Ngo
February 6, 2022

“Can you see through those goggles?” John Hacker asked me when I stood in the middle of an Antifa crowd outside the Portland Police Central Precinct May 28, 2021.

It had been four months since the release of my book, “Unmasked,” and half a year since I’d been on the ground doing field reporting in Portland, Ore. After I completed the book manuscript in 2020, I left Portland due to growing credible threats against my life. But family matters pulled me back to my hometown — the city still under siege by violent protests and riots a year after George Floyd died.

Though Hacker was partially masked, I recognized him right away. Our paths had crossed before: In May 2019, he confronted, assaulted and robbed me at a gym in northeast Portland. Two and a half years later, in October 2021, he was indicted by a Multnomah County grand jury for felony robbery against me. His criminal case is still pending.

But that night, Hacker’s question signaled to me that Antifa had grown suspicious of me. I was undercover again, dressed head-to-toe in black like the Antifa militants around me. As before, I knew it was extremely dangerous to be on the streets.

There was already a bounty on my head. The threats increased throughout the year as I systematically documented who was arrested and charged at every riot. I posted their photos and evidence of their ties to Antifa. But the motivation to learn more about how Antifa’s tactics have evolved drove me to return to the streets.

This time, it nearly cost me my life. Again.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/06/antifa-almost-killed-me-but-i-wont-stop-reporting-their-dangerous-deeds/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A brave guy, Mr. Ngo.

Think he'll ever win a reporting/journalism award?
(probably not, he's on "the wrong side")