Author Topic: Millions of Americans on the Verge of Becoming Homeless  (Read 153 times)

rangerrebew

Millions of Americans on the Verge of Becoming Homeless
« on: February 07, 2022, 07:13:34 pm »
Millions of Americans on the Verge of Becoming Homeless

Rising rents in many cities of America are forcing millions of people to move; the average rent across the country rose by almost 14 percent last year.
Rents are surging dangerously in America

A real estate firm, Redfin, indicated rents increased by as much as 40 percent in bigger cities like New York, Austin, and Miami, which forced the masses to leave their areas.

To add insult to injury, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York issued a report last month, indicating Americans believe these prices will continue to rise by almost ten percent this year.

Likewise, a lot of local rent freezes and moratoriums have expired, which paved the way for this increase. 

https://thedailybeat.org/millions-of-americans-on-the-verge-of-becoming-homeless/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Millions of Americans on the Verge of Becoming Homeless
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 07:36:46 pm »
Go to the woke cities and try to build additional housing ... they won't let you.  Anytime developable land is for sale, the wokes purchase it to be "conservation land".  Woke limousine liberals don't want to share their communities and schools with deplorables.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 08:19:14 pm »
Go to the woke cities and try to build additional housing ... they won't let you.  Anytime developable land is for sale, the wokes purchase it to be "conservation land".  Woke limousine liberals don't want to share their communities and schools with deplorables.

In the cities it's not about buying land for conservation, it's about using things like zoning and environmental review, historical preservation, and rent control to keep the better neighborhoods exclusively for rich white liberals.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 08:47:05 pm »
Frankly, looking at apartment rent (even in unfancy plain ole apartments) it amazes me.

Then I look at home prices and am bowled over.

I don't know how people are able to afford either. Living on credit? So, yes they may end up homeless at some point.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 08:56:03 pm »
It's not just about the soaring rent or the incredible price of homes. It is also about the exponential rise in property tax, which is essentially a tax on merely existing. Many older people who have so called "owned" their homes for decades will have to sell and move somewhere else. Nobody owns property in America. All property is owned by the government and people simply rent it in the form of tax. And just like any rent, if you miss paying your property tax the government will evict you and take their property back.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 09:01:44 pm »
It's not just about the soaring rent or the incredible price of homes. It is also about the exponential rise in property tax, which is essentially a tax on merely existing. Many older people who have so called "owned" their homes for decades will have to sell and move somewhere else. Nobody owns property in America. All property is owned by the government and people simply rent it in the form of tax. And just like any rent, if you miss paying your property tax the government will evict you and take their property back.

Yeah, no.  You own it.  If you think not, then watch what happens when it burns down and you don't have insurance - you bear the risk of loss, not the mortgage company or the local tax assessor.  Also watch what happens when it sells at a gain - you pay the tax on that gain, not the mortgage company or the local tax assessor.

Overwhelming property taxes happen because people don't pay enough to their local tax assessment procedures and, in particular, fail to realize that the real game is in fighting over the budgets for the schools and the local government.  Once those budgets are set, your tax liability is set; grieving the taxes in order to get a lower assessed value afterward is small beer compared to fighting over the budget.