Author Topic: Boomers, Meet the Based  (Read 656 times)

Offline Kamaji

Boomers, Meet the Based
« on: February 04, 2022, 04:49:38 pm »
Boomers, Meet the Based

There’s a generation gap on the Right, and it’s hurting us.

By Glenn Ellmers and Josiah Lippincott
February 3, 2022

“Divide and conquer” is the guiding strategy of the woke oligarchy. The regime is trying to marginalize Red America as illegitimate, to separate us from “the mainstream,” and thus declare us undeserving of the rights and privileges of citizenship. But beyond that, the woke regime is also exploiting a generation gap on the right (which is partly but not wholly a factor of age), through double-speak and mixed messages.

Contrary to some prejudices among the younger Right, not every self-identified conservative over 50 is deluded and useless. Likewise, older conservatives need to know that not every young, right-wing provocateur on Twitter is a racist anarchist. But a lot of people on either side see each other that way, largely because the regime’s vast propaganda machine is able to reenforce both of these prejudices.

It’s hard to know whether this multi-pronged media campaign by the Left is a carefully planned psy-ops strategy, or just the net effect of simultaneously asserting contradictory arguments depending on whatever seems expedient. Either way, a generation gap on the right is being exacerbated, in part because each side is reacting to the Blue regime’s propaganda.

The older generation grew up in an America where, on the surface, institutions were trustworthy, or at the very least, not actively at war with the people. That façade crumbled for those who grew up after 9/11. Decades of pointless war in the Middle East, the financial crisis in which not a single banker on Wall Street went to jail, and the ever-skyrocketing cost of living, soured the generation that grew up under George W. Bush and Barack Obama. The promise of racial reconciliation never materialized and the constant screams of crisis (climate change! COVID!) have further radicalized a growing youth faction on the right.

Reinforcing Narratives
Young people get almost all their news online, which gives them a broad array of information sources and makes them far less likely to accept any “official” narratives. At times, they may almost be too skeptical, embracing odd and outlandish theories simply because they are outside the mainstream. Insisting that the sky is pink just because Ibram X. Kendi says it is blue is not a sign of independent thinking.

Americans over 50 tend to be less active on social media, less frequent consumers of alternative news sites, and more dependent on the legacy media of newspapers and television networks. Of course, many older conservatives know that the establishment media is heavily skewed to the left, yet the publications they turn to correct this imbalance are, let us say, rather tame and conventional. As far as the younger dissident right is concerned, most old-line “conservative” publications are part of the same corrupt media establishment.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/02/03/boomers-meet-the-based/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Boomers, Meet the Based
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 05:21:59 pm »
The article seems to forget that there is this group of people called Generation X that is now in their 40's and 50's. In our 20's Bill Clinton was President, and Drudge, World Net Daily, Newsmax, Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh dominated the day.

I rub up against younger conservatives alot. We pretty much say the same things, read the same sources. Maybe Boomers not so much, I don't know. My circle of Boomers do.

And we all agree that things are bad. Maybe not as much economically, but our institutions at the Federal level have indeed been corrupted.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 06:03:35 pm »
The article seems to forget that there is this group of people called Generation X that is now in their 40's and 50's. In our 20's Bill Clinton was President, and Drudge, World Net Daily, Newsmax, Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh dominated the day.

I rub up against younger conservatives alot. We pretty much say the same things, read the same sources. Maybe Boomers not so much, I don't know. My circle of Boomers do.

And we all agree that things are bad. Maybe not as much economically, but our institutions at the Federal level have indeed been corrupted.

I'm a somewhat older Boomer, and being blamed by the "Based" for people like McCarthy and McConnell chaps my hide a bit.  They are loud with good ideas, but they refuse to join in the efforts by people like me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 06:29:09 pm »
I'm a somewhat older Boomer, and being blamed by the "Based" for people like McCarthy and McConnell chaps my hide a bit.  They are loud with good ideas, but they refuse to join in the efforts by people like me.

They still make the same mistakes that conservatives have been making since Bill Clinton. They want to grab the big brass ring and take on DC. Not gonna happen. To beat the Dems, you have to undermine them and take away their sources of power.

It happens in the states. There's a reason they're crying so loud about election reform, why they cried so loud about forcing union dues on state employees, state welfare reform, and the like.

Close off those spigots, and you've made a good start.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 06:40:31 pm »
They still make the same mistakes that conservatives have been making since Bill Clinton. They want to grab the big brass ring and take on DC. Not gonna happen. To beat the Dems, you have to undermine them and take away their sources of power.

It happens in the states. There's a reason they're crying so loud about election reform, why they cried so loud about forcing union dues on state employees, state welfare reform, and the like.

:bingo:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 06:48:48 pm »

The way to beat them was proven in Brazil.  That is why the Communists were sent packing and a very conservative President Bolsonaro is at the helm.

He owes his current position to Olavo de Carvalho who destroyed the Brazilian communists with a simple and very effective technique:
He explained, the key isn't intellectual debate; "it's about destroying the career and power of these people.  It's very important not to respect them."
In a lecture, he laid out the necessary tactics to beat the radical left.  It's basically just holding them accountable for their own deviant behavior:

https://youtu.be/WxoHBDLmF14

« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 06:49:40 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 06:50:42 pm »
The way to beat them was proven in Brazil.  That is why the Communists were sent packing and a very conservative President Bolsonaro is at the helm.

He's right on the money. It takes good research and good debate skills, and a willingness not to be civil.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 07:13:38 pm »
50 year old Gen-X slacker here.  I define me - not the media, not pundits, nobody.

I was fortunate to be 9 years old when Ronald Reagan was first elected President.  He imprinted on me what conservatism could accomplish: supply-side economics that rebuilt the American economy after Jimmy Carter's malaise; a strong military and vibrant economy that meant America could lead from the front; and the defeat of the world's most power Commuist empire, the Soviet Union.

Reagan was great because he stood for things and he accomplished the unimaginable.  He led by example.  He inspired others to aspire to greatness.

Reagan was to my generation what John F. Kennedy, Dwight Eisenhower, Franklin Roosevelt, and Teddy Roosevelt were to previous generations - a transformational, inspiration, aspirational leader whose influence would span generations.

Living in Massachusetts, I have seen firsthand that woke limousine liberalism is a fraud.  I've endured Michael Stanley Dukakis - Il Duche, The Duke, the governor who never saw a tax hike he didn't like, and whose administration was derelict.  Ted Kennedy, a drunken mysoginist Communist agent who never saw a defense cut he didn't like.  Unlike John Kerry, Kennedy did have great constituent services.  John Kerry was so useless, he couldn't even be used as a paper weight.  He was the epitome of poseur dilitant limousine liberal hypocrisy.  We were lucky Kerry didn't surrender the US to Iran when he was Secretary of State.

I've also endured the governorship of Mitt Romney.  Romney is a pathetic, insecure pyschopath who is a dollar short and a day late.  He foisted Romneycare on Massachusetts so he could use it as a campaign talking point when he ran for President.  He was an absentee governor for the last 2 years of his term.  He was on to bigger things and better places - running for President.  Romney was his own worst enemy - ran against his own healthcare program; put the family dog (in a crate) on the roof of the family car during a vacation trip; had an illegal alien landscaper; fabricated a b.s. story about how he pulled over in traffic and cried the Mormons finally allowed African Americans to join; and got caught on a hot mic telling donors that 47% of Americans who received government assistants were slothful deadbeats.  Many of those 47% were retirees and veterans.  His soul is vapid and hollow; that's why every attempt to connect with, or pander to, the unwashed masses fails miserably.

Whom do Republicans, of all generations, look to for Reagan-esque aspiration and inspiration today?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:15:43 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 07:16:10 pm »
Who do Republicans, of all generations, look to for Reagan-esque aspiration and inspiration today?

Us.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 08:34:41 pm »
Us.

Do we all need better Avatars?  I really like your Captain Pike....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 09:03:38 pm »
Do we all need better Avatars?  I really like your Captain Pike....

The resemblance is amazing isn't it?

@Wingnut posted it on a thread, I stole it fair and square.  :smokin:
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 09:22:11 pm »
The resemblance is amazing isn't it?

@Wingnut posted it on a thread, I stole it fair and square.  :smokin:
:beer: :beer: :patriot:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2022, 10:35:56 pm »
I am not going to get into specifics of what or how many of the 80 working for me were Gen X or Y people, when I retired 10 years ago.   You might not like what I am going to cover, but I will give some observations on my part at the end:

1. Needed stroking for perfoming regular work.  Getting ahead, getting good raises, and performance appraisals was always in my mind a function of hard work, and do way above and beyond the expectations of the job.  I was shocked how many thought doing the bare minimum was acceptable.

2. Even 10 years ago, Texting and thumbing of smart phones had gotten out of hand.  I remember subordindates pulling their phones out in important meetings, and me having to say something about the disruption.   I hope this aspect of work has improved by now.

3. Job jumping- I had many talks with not only my employees but others around the importance of finding one good company, and sticking it out.  You would not believe how hard the concept was to some of them, that having 6 jobs at 5 years a job is going to accumulate a lot less pension money than 1 job at 30 years.

4. Spelling and Grammar accuracy.  I am by no means the best in this area, but I for damned sure made sure that everything in that area was perfect before communicatiing to a superior.  You would be surprised at how lackidaisal the young set was in this area. 

5. Putting in the hours.  If I had to put a number on my unpaid overtime, throughout my career, I probably average somewhere between 20-25%.  None of us expected any addtional compensation for that work.  It was pretty much understood that promotions were competitive, and those with the most drive and talent were going to be rewarded.  By the early '10's that level of expectation had seriously dropped.  This also appled to promptness and tardiness.

6. Accepting feed back.  I can remember in the day, we had thick skins, and I viewed feedback from my boss as free advice to make myself a better employee, and a way to get ahead in the company.  What I saw at the end was significantly different.  Rahter than take it constructively, they viewed it as an assault on the mere being.  No matter how well it was crafted or eased into the discussion.

Not wanting to start an Age War, but just general observations of what I saw. Maybe these have matured.  I sure hope so.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 11:12:26 pm »
I am not going to get into specifics of what or how many of the 80 working for me were Gen X or Y people, when I retired 10 years ago.   You might not like what I am going to cover, but I will give some observations on my part at the end:

1. Needed stroking for perfoming regular work.  Getting ahead, getting good raises, and performance appraisals was always in my mind a function of hard work, and do way above and beyond the expectations of the job.  I was shocked how many thought doing the bare minimum was acceptable.

2. Even 10 years ago, Texting and thumbing of smart phones had gotten out of hand.  I remember subordindates pulling their phones out in important meetings, and me having to say something about the disruption.   I hope this aspect of work has improved by now.

3. Job jumping- I had many talks with not only my employees but others around the importance of finding one good company, and sticking it out.  You would not believe how hard the concept was to some of them, that having 6 jobs at 5 years a job is going to accumulate a lot less pension money than 1 job at 30 years.

4. Spelling and Grammar accuracy.  I am by no means the best in this area, but I for damned sure made sure that everything in that area was perfect before communicatiing to a superior.  You would be surprised at how lackidaisal the young set was in this area. 

5. Putting in the hours.  If I had to put a number on my unpaid overtime, throughout my career, I probably average somewhere between 20-25%.  None of us expected any addtional compensation for that work.  It was pretty much understood that promotions were competitive, and those with the most drive and talent were going to be rewarded.  By the early '10's that level of expectation had seriously dropped.  This also appled to promptness and tardiness.

6. Accepting feed back.  I can remember in the day, we had thick skins, and I viewed feedback from my boss as free advice to make myself a better employee, and a way to get ahead in the company.  What I saw at the end was significantly different.  Rahter than take it constructively, they viewed it as an assault on the mere being.  No matter how well it was crafted or eased into the discussion.

Not wanting to start an Age War, but just general observations of what I saw. Maybe these have matured.  I sure hope so.

No argument from me.  Before I retired in '18, I worked for one large company (Motorola) for 34 years and saw this myself.  When I started, I had specific long run goals.  Stick with the company as long as I am treated well.  Save.  And never take a Management job.  I saw how they got treated, and it deteriorated significantly since 1984.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2022, 01:22:22 am »

Excellent observations and seem to align with my own experiences.

I'll also add that as an engineer I cut my teeth in the field before heading for the division office.  Nothing is more valuable than those years I spent among those who actually do the work.  The ten years prior to my retirement 7 years ago as an upper manager, the younger people deliberately avoided going to the field, believing they could learn all they need to know behind the desk, presumably believing that to do so was beneath them.

Another thing is the lack of basic understanding of concepts rather than to just trust a program to do it.  That caused some surreal scenes where analysis did not conform to reality, and it was with difficulty to convince them that just because a computer spit it out that it was not necessarily correct.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2022, 02:43:05 am »
Can't make anything of this article, probably because I am jammed in between BB and Gen X.  I disagree with many of the generalizations put forth in this piece.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 01:51:52 pm »

He owes his current position to Olavo de Carvalho who destroyed the Brazilian communists with a simple and very effective technique:
He explained, the key isn't intellectual debate; "it's about destroying the career and power of these people.  It's very important not to respect them."
In a lecture, he laid out the necessary tactics to beat the radical left.  It's basically just holding them accountable for their own deviant behavior:

https://youtu.be/WxoHBDLmF14
Here is a perfect example of how one takes down liberals.  They revert to name calling when confronted with living within their own rules.
All conservatives running for office should take note.

Abrams Campaign on Maskless Photo Surrounded by Masked Children: ‘Stacey Trusts Science’
Stacey Abrams’ campaign responded on Sunday to the massive uproar over Abrams’ viral maskless photo, accusing critics of the photo of “using a Black History Month reading event” to attack Abrams and claiming Abrams “trusts science.”

Lauren Groh-Wargo, campaign manager for Abrams’ gubernatorial race, first responded to the backlash Sunday afternoon by taking swipes at the Georgia Democrat’s top two potential race opponents, incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp (R) and former Sen. David Perdue (R-GA), after both chastised Abrams for displaying “hypocrisy” in the photo.
Groh-Wargo wrote on social media, “Our opponents took a brief break from licking Trump’s boots this weekend to issue baseless attacks,” and then claimed, “Our opponents are using a Black History Month reading event for Georgia children as the impetus for a false political attack.”

Groh-Wargo proceeded to berate both Perdue and Kemp without using their names:

https://twitter.com/gwlauren/status/1490403387048931328/photo/1
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/06/abrams-campaign-maskless-photo-surrounded-masked-children-stacey-trusts-science/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 01:53:45 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »