Author Topic: Kinzinger to GOP Colleagues Who Won’t Speak Out Against Trump: ‘Your Silence Is Complicity’  (Read 108 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger to GOP Colleagues Who Won’t Speak Out Against Trump: ‘Your Silence Is Complicity’

Trent Baker 7 Feb 2022

Monday, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) delivered a message to his fellow conservatives who still defend and support former President Donald Trump.

Kinzinger, a member of the January 6 select committee, said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that if conservatives who don’t stand up and speak out against Trump “are a part of the problem.” He added that their “silence is complicity.”

“If it’s somebody that I know that isn’t like crazy, you know, a person, you’ll hear him say, ‘Well, look, I just have to win my primary because if it’s not me, trust me, the guy I’m running against, he is really bad.’ I’m like, ‘OK, great.’ But you know, at some point, you have to stand up,” Kinzinger said of his conversations behind the scenes with his GOP colleagues. “Some of them it’s, ‘Hey, you have to quit trying to tell me how to do my job.’ You’ll get that occasionally. If I asked somebody, for instance, if they’ve even tweeted anything or made a statement at all in opposition to what Donald Trump said, where he said, I tried to get, you know, Mike Pence to overthrow the election. ‘Have you said anything?’ ‘Hey, I just don’t want to get in a Twitter war out there, or I am a local person. I focus on local issues.'”

He continued, “You know, look, again, I can’t begrudge anybody how they do their job. Everybody’s got their responsibility, but there is a moment, and this is that moment, at which if you don’t stand up, you are a part of the problem. You are part of the problem. Your silence is complicity, and that’s what we’re dealing with right now. It is so egregious. We are in such a dangerous position.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/02/07/kinzinger-to-gop-colleagues-who-wont-speak-out-against-trump-your-silence-is-complicity/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:silly:

Kinzinger, the only people your words have any meaning for are the democrats - the very people who redistricted you out of your comfy Congressional seat.

There are few bigger tools in Congress than you, Mr. Kinzinger.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Morocco Mole Joe used to claim to be a conservative republican, when essence everyone knew it was a lie.

Parallels between Kinzinger and Scarborough are uncanny.  I am guessing this was a job interview.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

It's not about Trump.  It's about the law.  And so far, I haven't seen a single law broken by Trump in this whole affair.  But I did see a certain Rep vote to impeach Trump over something other than "high crimes and misdemeanors".  Go figure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-