Author Topic: Groundhog Punxsutawney Phil Predicts Six More Weeks Of Cold, Bleak Winter Weather  (Read 724 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Groundhog Punxsutawney Phil Predicts Six More Weeks Of Cold, Bleak Winter Weather

Gretchen Clayson
Contributor
February 02, 2022 9:38 AM ET

It’ll be six more weeks of winter, according to weather prognosticator Punxsutawney Phil.

The famous groundhog chose the shadow scroll Wednesday morning during the yearly Groundhog Day celebration at Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, Fox News reported. According to tradition, that means winter is here to stay.

“Winter has been bleak, dark and bereft of hope, yet winter is just another step in the cycle of life,” the scroll read, according to the outlet. “As I look over the faces of the true believers from around the world, I bask in the warmth of your hearts, I couldn’t imagine a better fate, with my shadow I have cast than a long lustrous six more weeks of winter.”

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1488852347338039303

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/02/groundhog-day-punxsutawney-pennsylvania-phil-weather-prediction-six-weeks-winter-weather/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Offline roamer_1

ONLY six more weeks? That's awesome!

I think its a lie. Winter sticks around a whole lot longer than that up in here.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
With apologies to Neil DeGrasse Tyson... look. They have it backward. Sunny weather is more common in weather that is progressing toward warmer conditions, in spring and early summer. Assuming we can even count on the groundhog actually seeing the shadow (more on that in a moment), a shadow should be a harbinger of WARMER weather, not colder.

But even factoring that in, Punxsy Phil doesn't even use a real shadow. It's all scripted in advance and the Inner Circle doesn't say how they do it.

It's a farce.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

HAPPY VM DAY, EVERYONE !!!

VM = Victory over Mexico.  On this day in 1848, the Treaty of Hidalgo was signed in Mexico City ending the Mexican-American War.

btw, Gen. Beauregard Lee did not see his shadow in Jackson, Georgia today, so expect an early Spring.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It's a farce.
No! Noooooooo! Say it isn't so ... my world is shattered.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
OK, I grew up in Upper Michigan. When I was a kid, Winter routinely lasted until mid-to-late-April, and we often had snowfall into early May. Spring wasn't considered to have started until April at the earliest. So the Groundhog Day tradition just confused the heck out of me. "Six more weeks of Winter" would have meant it ending in mid-March, which was unthinkably early to me. And yet they talked about "Spring coming early" as the other possibility. To me, both outcomes meant Spring coming early!

My Grandma's rule of thumb was: seeing the first robin meant Spring had started. That seemed a lot more reliable to me, since robins didn't usually show up until late April, back then.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 10:58:05 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In Ohio the second week in February is usually the coldest time of the year, the nadir so to speak. The beginning of March usually marks the very slow rise to the coming Spring.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

ONLY six more weeks? That's awesome!

I think its a lie. Winter sticks around a whole lot longer than that up in here.
No matter what Phil says, nine times out of ten, it's still cold and rainy here well into May. Six weeks, baloney!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
No! Noooooooo! Say it isn't so ... my world is shattered.
For a moment, I thought that said Shatnered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywJD13fujw
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline rustynail

One good thing about being older six weeks is an eye blink.

Offline verga

One good thing about being older six weeks is an eye blink.
QFT
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They are rodents, not a meteorologists. :shrug:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They are rodents, not a meteorologists. :shrug:

True, but they have a better record of prediction than the ninny "climate scientists" that's have been predicting massive Globull Warming since before 1980.  333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

For a moment, I thought that said Shatnered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywJD13fujw
It.......can't........be......more....than.....six.......more....weeks.....of......winter. I.....can't........take......much.....more. Arghhhh!!