Author Topic: US reveals Russia may plan to create fake pretext for Ukraine invasion  (Read 505 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US reveals Russia may plan to create fake pretext for Ukraine invasion
By Ellen Mitchell and Caroline Vakil - 02/03/22 02:29 PM EST

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby told reporters Thursday that the U.S. believes Russia may plan to create a pretext to invade Ukraine by producing propaganda video showing aggression toward Russians.

“We do have information that the Russians are likely to want to fabricate a pretext for an invasion,” Kirby said. “One option is the Russian government, we think, is planning to stage a fake attack by Ukrainian military or intelligence forces against Russian sovereign territory, or against Russian speaking people, to therefore justify their action.”

Kirby confirmed a report first published by The Washington Post earlier Thursday that indicated Russia would create a fake attack by Ukraine on Russians.

"We believe that Russia would produce a very graphic propaganda video, which would include corpses and actors that would be depicting mourners and images of destroyed locations, as well as military equipment at the hands of Ukraine or the West, even to the point where some of this equipment would be made to look like it was Western supplied to Ukraine equipment,” Kirby said.

When asked if U.S. officials believe the fake attack was approved by the Kremlin, Kirby said, "Our experience is that very little of this nature is not approved at the highest levels of the Russian government."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/592693-us-reveals-russian-plan-to-create-a-pretext-for-ukraine-invasion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: US reveals Russia may plan to create fake pretext for Ukraine invasion
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 08:30:55 pm »
In other words, as I have been saying for weeks, Russia is going to figure out how to get itself "invited" into Ukraine - invitation means it's not an invasion.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 09:01:02 pm »
In other words, as I have been saying for weeks, Russia is going to figure out how to get itself "invited" into Ukraine - invitation means it's not an invasion.

Like Crimea (and Georgia too, IIRC).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 10:23:02 pm »
Hold on a sec there Pentagon, let me put that in the 'No Sh** Sherlock' file before we continue.

The Russkies don't take a dump without a plan son.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 10:34:53 pm »
... rumor on the street is that it will be some bogus humanitarian crisis in the Russian separatist Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics (in Ukraine).

How about pre-empting this b.s. pre-text by sending UN relief aganecies to provide "humanitarian relief" so Russia won't have to?  Pre-empt Russia's bluff with a UN bluff.  Also place UN peacekeepers along the Ukraine-Russia and Ukraine-Belarus borders.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 10:37:48 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 10:39:09 pm »
... rumor on the street is that it will be some bogus humanitarian crisis in the Russian separatist Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics (in Ukraine).

How about pre-empting this b.s. pre-text by sending UN relief aganecies to provide "humanitarian relief" so Russia won't have to?  Pre-empt Russia's bluff with a UN bluff.  Also place UN peacekeepers along the Ukraine-Russia and Ukraine-Belarus borders.

That's a good idea!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 10:49:30 pm »
That's a good idea!

Sloe Joe can get a great start by sending in a crapload of blankets!  He's experienced.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 12:25:29 pm »
US Claims Evidence of Moscow Plan for ‘False Flag’ Ukrainian Attack
Staff Writer With AFP February 4, 2022

The Pentagon said Thursday it had evidence of a plan by Moscow to film a fake Ukrainian attack on Russians to justify a real assault on its pro-West neighbor.

“We do have information that the Russians are likely to want to fabricate a pretext for an invasion,” said Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby.

He told reporters that Washington believed the Russian government plans to stage an attack by the Ukraine military or intelligence forces “against Russian sovereign territory, or against Russian speaking people.”

The latter could refer to the sizeable Russian-speaking population inside Ukraine.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2022/02/04/moscow-false-ukrainian-attack/

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 12:34:08 pm »
I am not convinced putin ever had any plans on ukraine... just noise to distract...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 04:29:44 pm »
I am not convinced putin ever had any plans on ukraine... just noise to distract...
It is a conundrum, who to believe, the lying propagandists of America or the lying propagandists of Russia.  :thud: