Author Topic: Pence breaks with Trump: 'I had no right to overturn the election'  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Pence breaks with Trump: 'I had no right to overturn the election'
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2022, 03:19:36 am »
All those "alternate electors" selected by Trump who showed up at the certification ceremony were all illegitimate.

They were not chosen by Trump and they were submitted to the President of the Senate on Dec. 14 .....  Pence had ample time to return both sets of electors to the state legislatures to review and receive back the recertified electors prior to the Jan 6 deadline.

The democrats now want to pass an election law that includes moving the Jan 6 deadline to Dec 14.  Gee, I wonder what could be prompting them to screw with the Congressional deadline for final certification??   :pondering:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2022, 03:28:36 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2022, 12:33:40 am »
Electors are chosen at the State level.  Trump has nothing to do with their selection.
Yes, I'm sure Trump had no influence on the individual states sending phony electors. Sure thing.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2022, 12:35:32 am »
They were not chosen by Trump and they were submitted to the President of the Senate on Dec. 14 .....  Pence had ample time to return both sets of electors to the state legislatures to review and receive back the recertified electors prior to the Jan 6 deadline.

The democrats now want to pass an election law that includes moving the Jan 6 deadline to Dec 14.  Gee, I wonder what could be prompting them to screw with the Congressional deadline for final certification??   :pondering:
Under what authority did the alternate i.e. phony electors get sent to Washington? None of those phony electors had any legitimacy.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2022, 01:11:27 am »
Yes, I'm sure Trump had no influence on the individual states sending phony electors. Sure thing.

Uh, but that's not what you said.  You clearly stated, "All those "alternate electors" selected by Trump".  Again, they were not selected by Trump.  Those were the electors chosen long beforehand by the State Parties to represent the Republican candidate at the meeting of the Electoral College.  I can't speak for the rest of the States, but the electors here in Georgia took it upon themselves to follow through with their responsibility, knowing full well that their own party was complicit in the fraudulent outcome of a statewide election.  And without an excess of 100,000 fraudulent absentee ballots, illegal votes, underage votes, out of state votes, harvested ballots, and photocopied ballots, the legitimate results would have rightfully given them their seats.

But then you knew all that already.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2022, 01:12:17 am »
Under what authority did the alternate i.e. phony electors get sent to Washington? None of those phony electors had any legitimacy.

That's really beautiful and all.  But what does that have to do with Trump?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2022, 01:20:12 am »
Republicans back Pence rebuke of Trump on overturning 2020 election
By Mychael Schnell - 02/06/22 02:03 PM EST

A number of GOP figures on Sunday said they backed former Vice President Mike Pence in his rebuke of former President Trump's claim that he had the authority to overturn the 2020 election results.

Pence made headlines on Friday when he broke from Trump in the clearest terms yet, saying the former president was “wrong” in believing he had the right to overturn the election when he oversaw the official count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021. The former vice president called Trump’s suggestion “un-American.”

“I had no right to overturn the election. The presidency belongs to the American people, and the American people alone,” Pence said at a Federalist Society event on Friday.

His comments came days after Trump issued a statement saying he believed Pence had the authority to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in Trump's favor.

Pence refused to give in to Trump’s pressure and block the certification of the Electoral College results in January 2021. Pence has indicated that he did not know if he and Trump would “ever see eye to eye on that day.”

Several Republicans on Sunday came to Pence's defense, saying they agreed he had no authority to single-handedly give Trump a second term.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/593028-republicans-back-pence-rebuke-of-trump-on-overturning-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2022, 01:28:01 am »
Uh, but that's not what you said.  You clearly stated, "All those "alternate electors" selected by Trump".  Again, they were not selected by Trump.  Those were the electors chosen long beforehand by the State Parties to represent the Republican candidate at the meeting of the Electoral College.  I can't speak for the rest of the States, but the electors here in Georgia took it upon themselves to follow through with their responsibility, knowing full well that their own party was complicit in the fraudulent outcome of a statewide election.  And without an excess of 100,000 fraudulent absentee ballots, illegal votes, underage votes, out of state votes, harvested ballots, and photocopied ballots, the legitimate results would have rightfully given them their seats.

But then you knew all that already.
Oh,...pardon me. Trump didn't personally select every phony elector. Gee whiz, I sure am sorry for blaming His Orange Holiness for something he might not have done.
Don't you feel the least bit of apprehensive about an "alternate" group of electors who are obviously phony attempting to subvert the certification process?
Do you actually believe something as transparently fraudulent as what they attempted could succeed because some people thought there was a stolen election with no evidence to prove it?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2022, 01:28:53 am »
That's really beautiful and all.  But what does that have to do with Trump?
Gee, I don't know...I guess absolutely nothing at all, right?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2022, 01:29:59 am »
Republicans back Pence rebuke of Trump on overturning 2020 election
By Mychael Schnell - 02/06/22 02:03 PM EST

A number of GOP figures on Sunday said they backed former Vice President Mike Pence in his rebuke of former President Trump's claim that he had the authority to overturn the 2020 election results.

Pence made headlines on Friday when he broke from Trump in the clearest terms yet, saying the former president was “wrong” in believing he had the right to overturn the election when he oversaw the official count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021. The former vice president called Trump’s suggestion “un-American.”

“I had no right to overturn the election. The presidency belongs to the American people, and the American people alone,” Pence said at a Federalist Society event on Friday.

His comments came days after Trump issued a statement saying he believed Pence had the authority to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in Trump's favor.

Pence refused to give in to Trump’s pressure and block the certification of the Electoral College results in January 2021. Pence has indicated that he did not know if he and Trump would “ever see eye to eye on that day.”

Several Republicans on Sunday came to Pence's defense, saying they agreed he had no authority to single-handedly give Trump a second term.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/593028-republicans-back-pence-rebuke-of-trump-on-overturning-2020

1. No one ever sid "overturn an election!

2. Would these be the very same "republicans who stabbed president trump in the back at every turn for four long years?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2022, 01:47:16 am »
Don't you feel the least bit of apprehensive about an "alternate" group of electors who are obviously phony attempting to subvert the certification process?

The election was subverted when:
- the Secretary of State ordered drop boxes to litter the Georgia landscape in violation of State law.
- the SoS dropped the photo-id requirement for absentee voter registration.
- absentee ballots were sent, unsolicited, to the address of every registered voter including new voters who had never provided photo ID.
- signature checks on absentee ballots cast were abandoned.
- software changes were made less than 30 days before the election without re-certification.
- ballots were counted without Republican observers present.
- photocopied ballots (without creasing) were included in vote totals
- ballots without chain of custody records were included in the totals
- evidence of ballot harvesting was documented during pre-voting, but the SoS refused the release of video evidence
- repetitive feeding of ballots through the ballot counting machines was recorded by live video, yet those multi-votes were allowed anyway.
- ballots received days after election day were added to the vote totals in violation of State law.

Do you actually believe something as transparently fraudulent as what they attempted could succeed because some people thought there was a stolen election with no evidence to prove it?

No evidence?  BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!  The evidence is well-documented including release of the drop box video evidence.  Not to mention the fact that there are more registered voters in Georgia than there are people eligible to vote.  The Georgia 2020 board is chock full of evidence, which I am sure you are already aware.  But your Dem talking points continue to spew forth.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2022, 02:47:58 pm »

*****rollingeyes*****    It's happened before.  For instance:

While there’s precedent for dueling sets of electors casting votes in a presidential election, the number of states involved in the action sent the 2020 election into uncharted territory. Democrats successfully executed the same gambit in Hawaii in 1960 by casting an alternative set of votes for John F. Kennedy after the state’s governor certified the electors for Richard Nixon.

Congress ultimately counted the Kennedy electors even though he wasn’t declared the winner in the election until 11 days after Nixon’s electors were certified.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2022, 12:05:00 am »
1. No one ever sid "overturn an election!

2. Would these be the very same "republicans who stabbed president trump in the back at every turn for four long years?

So, you actually believe Pence was stabbing Trump in the back for four years?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2022, 12:10:29 am »
The election was subverted when:
- the Secretary of State ordered drop boxes to litter the Georgia landscape in violation of State law.
- the SoS dropped the photo-id requirement for absentee voter registration.
- absentee ballots were sent, unsolicited, to the address of every registered voter including new voters who had never provided photo ID.
- signature checks on absentee ballots cast were abandoned.
- software changes were made less than 30 days before the election without re-certification.
- ballots were counted without Republican observers present.
- photocopied ballots (without creasing) were included in vote totals
- ballots without chain of custody records were included in the totals
- evidence of ballot harvesting was documented during pre-voting, but the SoS refused the release of video evidence
- repetitive feeding of ballots through the ballot counting machines was recorded by live video, yet those multi-votes were allowed anyway.
- ballots received days after election day were added to the vote totals in violation of State law.

No evidence?  BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!  The evidence is well-documented including release of the drop box video evidence.  Not to mention the fact that there are more registered voters in Georgia than there are people eligible to vote.  The Georgia 2020 board is chock full of evidence, which I am sure you are already aware.  But your Dem talking points continue to spew forth.
Stop believing the myth of a stolen election. All those things you've mentioned have been discussed, debunked, or concluded didn't affect the election.
You're simply unable to understand that Trump was beaten fairly, squarely, and bigly.
At some point you'll come to terms with Trump losing, and he was the only one trying to steal an election.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2022, 12:19:08 am »
Stop believing the myth of a stolen election. All those things you've mentioned have been discussed, debunked, or concluded didn't affect the election.
You're simply unable to understand that Trump was beaten fairly, squarely, and bigly.
At some point you'll come to terms with Trump losing, and he was the only one trying to steal an election.

What a load of crap. None of this was ever even given a cursory investigation despite mounds of documented evidence. It was dismissed outright.

The evidence keeps coming forth, and you keep ignoring it. You are no one's priest or Personal Jesus and your pontifications carry no weight.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2022, 12:24:34 am »
What a load of crap. None of this was ever even given a cursory investigation despite mounds of documented evidence. It was dismissed outright.

The evidence keeps coming forth, and you keep ignoring it. You are no one's priest or Personal Jesus and your pontifications carry no weight.

Precisely! He has long been one of my two ignore list residents.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2022, 12:49:24 am »
Stop believing the myth of a stolen election.

I just gave you eleven points, all of which have been documented.  How many of the eleven need to be ignored before your baseless 'myth' claim is to be accepted?

Discussed?  Yes.  Debunked?  Absolutely not.  Concluded didn't affect the election?  Not on your life.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2022, 05:45:37 am »

:thumbsup: