Author Topic: Universal masking will remain at 7 Virginia schools districts, Arlington judge decides  (Read 1044 times)

Offline EdinVA

Universal masking will remain at 7 Virginia schools districts, Arlington judge decides
ARLINGTON, Va.  (7News) — A universal mask mandate will remain in northern Virginia schools after an Arlington judge granted the school boards' request for a temporary restraining order.
This comes two days after a hearing was held over a lawsuit that challenges Governor Glenn Youngkin's executive order that would allow parents to opt their kids out of school mask mandates.
The judge wrote “..the court concludes that the school boards’ motion for a temporary restraining order with regard to optional masking of children should be granted.”

https://wjla.com/news/local/virginia-school-mask-mandate-remains-covid-19-lawsuit-hearing-governor-glenn-youngkin-nova-arlington-alexandria-fairfax-falls-church-hampton-city-prince-william

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I didn't read the article but, is the TRO in place just till the judge has more time to review the case and issue a final verdict?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

I didn't read the article but, is the TRO in place just till the judge has more time to review the case and issue a final verdict?

That is what I understand.... I guess a trial is in the cards...
But if Youngkin does not have the authority to overrride the mandate, then how did northam have the authority to put it into place?  Magic
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 09:44:58 pm by EdinVA »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Parents should boycott the school. If all the parents keep their kids home, the school will not be able to function.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Lmfao if you've never been to NoVA, here's your introduction to the type of people that live here."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1489675168221962246

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That is what I understand.... I guess a trial is in the cards...
But if Youngkin does not have the authority to overrride the mandate, then how did northam have the authority to put it into place?  Magic

The lower court is pushing this to the Appellate circuit, VA Supreme Court would be next.   

Miyares is appealing.

Offline Hoodat

"Lmfao if you've never been to NoVA, here's your introduction to the type of people that live here."  (Video)

&#%$@! Marylanders
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Virginia Commonwealth Code

§ 1-240.1. Rights of parents.

A parent has a fundamental right to make decisions concerning the upbringing, education, and care of the parent's child.

Youngkin's order simply reaffirms what the law already says.  Parents have the right under Commonwealth law to make decisions concerning whether their kids wear masks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-