Author Topic: A propaganda gift to China: The shame of these Olympics  (Read 131 times)

Offline Kamaji

A propaganda gift to China: The shame of these Olympics
« on: February 04, 2022, 01:39:52 pm »
A propaganda gift to China: The shame of these Olympics

By NY Post Editorial Board
February 3, 2022

Friday brings the kickoff of the 2022 Winter Olympics with a massive opening ceremony watched by millions around the globe — a huge propaganda gift to the monstrous Chinese Communist Party.

And the puny diplomatic boycotts by the Biden administration and six other governments won’t dent it in the least, but only tell the People’s Republic of China to expect nothing more from the West than symbolic wrist-slaps, no matter how many atrocities it commits or deadly viruses it releases.

In December, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki announced that Washington wouldn’t send an official delegation to Beijing thanks to “the PRC’s ongoing genocide and crimes against humanity in Xinjiang and other human rights abuses.” President Joe Biden, she explained, didn’t want to do Beijing the favor of “contributing to the fanfare of the Games.”

But, she gamely noted, he’ll still be watching on TV!

This is a trivial censure, denying the CCP the photo opportunities with mid-level diplomats usually featured in the opening and closing ceremonies.

But the Biden team is woefully fearful of annoying Beijing. It’s desperate to not get to the bottom of just how COVID got its start, perhaps for fear that US public-health bureaucrats sent taxpayer cash to help fund research that developed the bug. It won’t even fight the CCP’s continued dominance over the World Health Organization, or its bullying of allies like Australia who call out China’s stonewalling over the pandemic’s origins.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/03/a-propaganda-gift-to-china-the-shame-of-these-olympics/

Offline mountaineer

Re: A propaganda gift to China: The shame of these Olympics
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 11:37:55 pm »
 Congressman @michaelgwaltz’s ad that NBC refused to air in Florida during the Olympics.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1490025790259576840
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 11:41:01 pm »
Laura Ingraham challenged her audience to #notoneminute ...'22 Chicom Olympics.   

Zero for me so far, zero planned.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 11:47:24 pm »
I almost turned on Olympics coverage today, as I get a kick out of ski jumping. Then I thought, no, I'm not giving them a single minute. Still zero.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org