Author Topic: Murkowski: 'It can be uncomfortable' not to align 'with what the party is saying'  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Murkowski: 'It can be uncomfortable' not to align 'with what the party is saying'
By Mychael Schnell - 02/06/22 10:28 AM EST

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) on Sunday said “it can be uncomfortable” to not align with her own political party during a discussion about the Republican National Committee's resolution characterizing the Capitol riot as "legitimate political discourse."

During an appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union,” co-anchor Jake Tapper asked Murkowski about the RNC’s resolution censuring GOP Reps. Liz Cheney (Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) for participating in the congressional investigation into the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. The resolution characterized the Capitol riot as “legitimate political discourse.”

Asked by Tapper on Sunday if it is “uncomfortable to be a non-rigidly partisan person during this period,” Murkowski said “during this period, yes.”

“It can be uncomfortable when you say I'm not going to align myself neatly with what the party is saying just because the party is saying. You've got to be comfortable enough in who you are and who you represent and why you're here,” Murkowski said.

“I'm not here to be the representative of the Republican Party. I'm here to be the representative for Alaskan people. And I take that charge very, very seriously,” she added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/593013-murkowski-it-can-be-uncomfortable-not-to-align-with-what-the-party-is-saying
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well aren't you so clever and precious Princess Lisa. If you are so independent and non-partisan, why then don't you ever call out the nutty left Dems like the Squad?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm sure she can find a party to align with.

It might not be the brand she ran under, but if you lower your standards enough, there are plenty of bedpartners.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

I'm sure she can find a party to align with.

It might not be the brand she ran under, but if you lower your standards enough, there are plenty of bedpartners.
That woman is fugly inside and out. I would hate to wake up in bed next to her.