Author Topic: RNC votes to censure Cheney, Kinzinger  (Read 655 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RNC votes to censure Cheney, Kinzinger
« on: February 04, 2022, 06:52:22 pm »
RNC votes to censure Cheney, Kinzinger
By Tal Axelrod - 02/04/22 01:11 PM EST

The Republican National Committee (RNC) on Friday voted formally to censure both GOP Reps. Liz Cheney (Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) over their criticism of former President Trump and participation in the special House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

The resolution, which unanimously passed through the resolutions committee on Thursday, was included in a package with four other motions, including one to "Hold Communist China accountable for Covid-19." The entire package passed by a voice vote at the RNC’s winter meeting in Salt Lake City.

Only a smattering of “nos” were heard in the sea of “yes” votes, though it was unclear who precisely voted in support of and opposition to the package.

The resolution that censured Cheney and Kinzinger said the two lawmakers are participating in “persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse” by sitting on the Jan. 6 panel, which was convened last year by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

The resolution adds that the RNC “shall immediately cease any and all support of” both lawmakers “as members of the Republican Party for their behavior which has been destructive to the institution of the U.S. House of Representatives, the Republican Party and our republic, and is inconsistent with the position of the Conference.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/592841-rnc-votes-to-censure-cheney-kinzinger
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: RNC votes to censure Cheney, Kinzinger
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 06:53:39 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 08:11:23 pm »
"RNC voted to formally censure Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger and ban them to the sad life of MSNBC Contributors"  (Video)

(I couldn't hear any "no's" )

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1489678035230019585

« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 08:14:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 08:22:58 pm »
Republicans CENSURE Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for working on the January 6 committee, 'persecuting ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse' and 'sabotaging' the GOP
Daily Mail/UK. Feb 4, 2022

The Republican National Committee passed a resolution Friday to censure GOP Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for their involvement in the January 6 select committee.

The measure was adopted by voice vote by the committee's membership at the RNC's winter meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah. Several RNC members voted nay, but they were in the minority.   

'Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger crossed a line. They chose to join Nancy Pelosi in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse that had nothing to do with violence at the Capitol. That's why Republican National Committee members and myself overwhelmingly support this resolution,' RNC Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel said in a statement Friday. 

The resolution claims that Cheney and Kinzinger are helping the Democrats maintain their Congressional majority.

'The Conference must not be sabotaged by Representatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger who have demonstrated, with actions and words, that they support Democrat efforts to destroy President Trump more than they support winning back a Republican majority in 2022,' the resolution said.   

It said the RNC will 'immediately cease any and all support' of Cheney and Kinzinger, adding that the party denounces 'those who deliberately jeopardize victory in November.' Kinzinger isn't running for re-election, but Cheney has attracted a pro-Trump challenger. 

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10476979/Cheney-Kinzinger-vow-fight-Trumps-lies-GOP-takes-step-CENSURE-them.html

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 08:23:59 pm »
They can't even find a spine on something as simple and clear cut as this.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 08:35:15 pm »
Who voted and how did they vote?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 09:20:54 pm »
Who voted and how did they vote?

It was a voice vote.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 09:23:36 pm »
The core issue for the RNC seemed to be that she's sitting on the fake Commission after being handpicked by Pelosi in the first place, but I didn't have a problem with that as much as her constantly proving she has a closed mind on the subject.  There isn't a panelist with an open mind.

Not conducive to fact-finding at all.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 09:25:09 pm »
The core issue for the RNC seemed to be that she's sitting on the fake Commission after being handpicked by Pelosi in the first place, but I didn't have a problem with that as much as her constantly proving she has a closed mind on the subject.  There isn't a panelist with an open mind.

Not conducive to fact-finding at all.

:thumbsup:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 12:03:40 am »
Greg Price
@greg_price11

Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger are not being censured for "investigating J6." The committee is targeting people who had nothing to do with J6 but are political opponents of committee members. Why would the GOP tolerate anyone working with Adam Schiff to harass innocent people?

2:14 PM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 03:03:07 am »
What's the point of a censure when the GOP will be throwing its full support behind Cheney in her primary race?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2022, 03:10:21 am »
What's the point of a censure when the GOP will be throwing its full support behind Cheney in her primary race?

"Will be?"  LOL! Already are shipping her money, before the Primary.  Remember when that was a no-no?  It still is in my little corner of the Party.  I can't "endorse" any candidate before the Primary, here where I live.

Not that Paul Gosar cares... happy77
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2022, 03:56:34 am »
"Will be?"  LOL! Already are shipping her money, before the Primary.  Remember when that was a no-no?  It still is in my little corner of the Party.  I can't "endorse" any candidate before the Primary, here where I live.

Not that Paul Gosar cares... happy77

I have a friend running for office here in Georgia.  Once the Georgia GOP realized she wasn't going to tow the Party line, they in a matter of days put up a primary challenger and paid all his fees to oppose her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2022, 02:06:16 pm »
I have a friend running for office here in Georgia.  Once the Georgia GOP realized she wasn't going to tow the Party line, they in a matter of days put up a primary challenger and paid all his fees to oppose her.
The takeaway:  Never contribute to the National or State GOP.  Only the candidate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2022, 12:20:28 am »
Mollie
@MZHemingway

Accusing the tens of millions of wonderful Americans who disagree with your warmongering politics and complete submission to Nancy Pelosi’s political agenda of being anti-Semitic holocaust deniers is .... peak Liz Cheney and old guard GOP.

Quote Tweet

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

GOP WY Rep Cheney: We are the party of Lincoln. We are not the party of QAnon or anti-Semitism or Holocaust-deniers, or white supremacy or conspiracy theories. That’s not who we are. We believe in conservative principles and conservative values and we believe in the Constitution

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2022, 01:59:03 am »